exhaust suggestions for a limited budget

oliver789

Agree not a fan of the puny looking back box on the cobra but I'm getting a charge speed rear soon so that should hide it.

I've already got an aftermarket Y pipe so that's a bonus if it sounds more meaty. I did see the Humpy thread but it's always hard to tell via vid clips, I really should get my ass to a meet or two....

I do like the dragga tails and also the 4" slash cut decisions decisions....

Have a look here mate - viewtopic.php?f=166&t=63451&start=0 and yes you should get to some more meets :p As Tarmac said I also purchased the Y-pipe with the Cobra exhaust and have to say really impressed.

Tarmac thread with the Wales video shoot shows off the noise very well :thumbs:

I haven't heard the Cobra but I have the Scorpion cat-back. I'd describe it as how the OEM exhaust should have sounded - a tasteful 'warble' which sounds great when you give it some. The tiny Cobra back-box looks a bit sh*t if you ask me :shrug:

If you're keeping the car for awhile don't stay OEM - it sounds rubbish and WILL fail in the usual place again!

Anyone have any thoughs on the blueflame system from CS?

My budget has risen slightly I know, this is the max I will spend.

That's a great system too, on our Facebook page we have a few photos of the full system for you to have a look at, its a great exhaust for daily use too, a great upgrade over the Nissan system... :thumbs:

I haven't heard the Cobra but I have the Scorpion cat-back. I'd describe it as how the OEM exhaust should have sounded - a tasteful 'warble' which sounds great when you give it some. The tiny Cobra back-box looks a bit sh*t if you ask me :shrug:

If you're keeping the car for awhile don't stay OEM - it sounds rubbish and WILL fail in the usual place again!

Im a car novice and I freely admit that and I thought the back box looked big imo, guess to Mr joe bloggs size doesnt matter but the noise does :p Only big car enthuasiast would pick holes with the size of the back box???

Im a car novice and I freely admit that and I thought the back box looked big imo, guess to Mr joe bloggs size doesnt matter but the noise does :p Only big car enthuasiast would pick holes with the size of the back box???

Does seem a little odd, if it's looks you're after you buy something like amuse or hks, mostly all you see is tips anyway so that's what i'd base looks on.

• 1 month later...