exhaust suggestions for a limited budget

oliver789

Hi all.

I need a new back box for my zed and I'm only looking to spend around 250 - 300 quid because I'm not exactly flush with cash at the moment!

Does anyone have and suggestions?

I've seen some on ebay around 199 - 250 are they any good?

cheers

eBay exhaust........search returns 10 full threads dedicated to this topic.

Exhaust returns 483 matches......most of which are 'what exhaust should I buy?'.

The information is at your fingertips my man ;)

Sorry for posting a relatively common question but most of the other threads about 'ebay exhausts' are a couple of years old and the links are dead.

And lots of the other threads people have different budgets and are also a few months - a few years old!

So now I'm contemplating the Scorpion or Cobra... they are similar price range. Is the general consensus that the Scorpion one is 'better'?

Cheers

Sorry for posting a relatively common question but most of the other threads about 'ebay exhausts' are a couple of years old and the links are dead.

And lots of the other threads people have different budgets and are also a few months - a few years old!

So now I'm contemplating the Scorpion or Cobra... they are similar price range. Is the general consensus that the Scorpion one is 'better'?

Cheers

they are both good quality budget systems. The scorpion comes with a lifetime warranty which would sway me. The scorpion I used to have sounded amazing.

Cheers

The both sound very nice, I had a ride in a Zed with a cobra on the other day and it sounds really meaty but not ott.

Main difference with them is the backbox, the Scorpion has a big old box hanging low but the cobra has a bit of a puny one....

Same warranty deal with the Cobra :thumbs:

I will chuck in a free Tarmac Sportz Tshirt for forum members ;)

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/350z-exhaust-systems.aspx

Cheers

they are both good quality budget systems. The scorpion comes with a lifetime warranty which would sway me. The scorpion I used to have sounded amazing.

Same warranty deal with the Cobra :thumbs:

I will chuck in a free Tarmac Sportz Tshirt for forum members ;)

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/350z-exhaust-systems.aspx

Cheers

That's just made the decision harder but very good information. Two good quality budget exhausts with awesome warranty :thumbs:

Steve, Humpy and I did a little drive in each others cars the other weekend.

I honestly thought the Cobra already had Berks it sounds really meaty, I am not sure if Humpy already has an aftermarket Y-pipe though too :shrug:

I love my Milltek & Berks but I have to say if I was buying an exhaust now and I was on a budget I would probably get a Cobra, I think I would do a reverse bumper tuck to hide the little back box though :lol: It just doesn't look right, it's like Janette Krankie with the voice of Brian Blessed :scare:

Cheers

Also worth noting that with the Cobra system that we do you also get to choose the tail pipe, they do one which almost emulates the OEM look which is a very popular choice, have a look on our Facebook page for 'fitted' photos... :thumbs:

Steve, Humpy and I did a little drive in each others cars the other weekend.

I honestly thought the Cobra already had Berks it sounds really meaty, I am not sure if Humpy already has an aftermarket Y-pipe though too :shrug:

I love my Milltek & Berks but I have to say if I was buying an exhaust now and I was on a budget I would probably get a Cobra, I think I would do a reverse bumper tuck to hide the little back box though :lol: It just doesn't look right, it's like Janette Krankie with the voice of Brian Blessed :scare:

I supplied the Cobra Ypipe as well with Humpys system so that would add more of a meaty sound :thumbs:

Agree not a fan of the puny looking back box on the cobra but I'm getting a charge speed rear soon so that should hide it.

I've already got an aftermarket Y pipe so that's a bonus if it sounds more meaty. I did see the Humpy thread but it's always hard to tell via vid clips, I really should get my ass to a meet or two....

I do like the dragga tails and also the 4" slash cut decisions decisions....