Hydro lock. Totally gutted.

shiney bits

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ho wet did the rest of the car get? Is there any risk of having electrical problems in the future?

It was pretty damn wet. But who knows. It now stinks inside of dirty water too. The repairers have been into touch today letting me know they will start there estimate and get back to me in the next couple of days. Let's hope things move quickly.

This wet?

vlcsnap-2012-07-04-16h13m52s91.png

Was actually wetter than that. I had to drop the roof to let the Shark out or he said he was gona bite my ass.

Good to see you still have your sense of humour - hope you have a decent outcome :thumbs:

Was actually wetter than that. I had to drop the roof to let the Shark out or he said he was gona bite my ass.

Good to see you still have your sense of humour - hope you have a decent outcome :thumbs:

Dude, if I don't laugh I'll lose the plot. My week has been unreal.

Thursday the engine on the Zed,

Friday, engine mount on my punto snapped whilst my wife was working away, consequently snapping the exhaust clean off (the car has now gone to the scrap man).

Sunday the timing belt tensioner on my single turbo supra decided it didn't want to play at high RPM anymore. Could have been catostrophic if my ECU hadn't detected a miss match between the cam and crank sensors and pulled the timing and killed the boost. So that has to be replaced ASAP.

So I've been out and tret myself to 360 quids worth of R reg Pug 106 diesel.

But atleast my house hasn't burnt down to the ground yet, so that's a positive :D

Friday, engine mount on my punto snapped whilst my wife was working away, consequently snapping the exhaust clean off (the car has now gone to the scrap man).

Sunday the timing belt tensioner on my single turbo supra decided it didn't want to play at high RPM anymore. Could have been catostrophic if my ECU hadn't detected a miss match between the cam and crank sensors and pulled the timing and killed the boost. So that has to be replaced ASAP.

But atleast my house hasn't burnt down to the ground yet, so that's a positive :D

Like Ricey says - that is most deFinately a contender for the week from hell!

BTW - I'm no Dude ;)

Ooof, I remember losing a torque converter on a BMW 740, a head gasket on a Saab 9000, starter motor on a Nissan Silvia and something else terminal on another car all in one day a while back ........ silver lining was that it made me buy the 350 :D

Like Ricey says - that is most deFinately a contender for the week from hell!

BTW - I'm no Dude ;)

Sorry lol, there's no user names in people's avatars on here, and to be honest I think almost everyone on the Supra forum is a bloke lol.

Ooof, I remember losing a torque converter on a BMW 740, a head gasket on a Saab 9000, starter motor on a Nissan Silvia and something else terminal on another car all in one day a while back ........ silver lining was that it made me buy the 350 :D

Holy feck, that makes me feel a shed load better. It's just all came at a bad time really. I know it will all straighten itself out but it doesn't stop a bloke from. Worrying and stressing about it all.

Out of interest, does anyone know, if the insurance say it not ecconominally repairable and I buy it back from them, will the car be registered as a Cat'D?

In your case I would guess cat D, however flood damage is assessed according to the extent of the flooding . For example a car that is completely submerged would be Cat A, partially submerged Cat B. I know that a lot of cars were illegally returned to the road after hurricane Katrina in The U.S and had major problems after a few months. You'll have to wait and see what your insurance company says :shrug:

Pete

gutted for you mate, was reading about your week. my old pops used to say to me when i ws having a bad week.

i once thought i was unlucky for having no shoes until i met the man that had no feet.

little saying helps me put up with some fairly historical shitty weeks. hope it works out for you

b

Well if that's the case then its pointless putting an engine in it.

Yeah, this really sucks. If the insurance company decide that it's a Cat B then it'll be "struck off" by the DVLA and the log book will have to be returned. As I understand it, you would not be able to purchase a Cat B (even for spares) from the insurance company as you need some sort of special license to dispose of them.

Pete

Things have improved a bit over the course of today.

I managed to sell my poor punto for 180 quid,

My new little pug 106 is now good to go, and I've even got a head unit in it now :)

I've stripped all the timing gear off the supra and replaced the tensioner. It's all back together now waiting for the rain to stop so she can go for a test flight.

This is how she's looking.

09262e40.jpg