Whether 1 - zed 0.

ChristopherJames

I'm not so far from Hull and my husband had just paid to have his car valeted when the sandstorm struck overnight :rant: Black cars and a liberal sprinkling of sand really don't go together. The Evoque arrived from Reading today and that had sand on too, albeit a much lighter sprinkling.

so i might sound stupid, but i have the same grit on my car, is it actually sand from the sahara? :blush:

Where the hell is that sand coming from?

I have never seen so much sand on the cars from one night of rain :scare:

so i might sound stupid, but i have the same grit on my car, is it actually sand from the sahara? :blush:

Where the hell is that sand coming from?

Yeah, it's from the Sahara. It's a rare phenomena that happens about once every 10 years or so. It can be a very local thing too, Caroline's car was absolutely covered in it ansd she was parked about 4 miles away where she works. Mine, parked at home only had a light covering. We luckily missed the main thrust of the storm which passed about 40 miles away .

Pete

Im in Leicester, but in town as you said, luckily ours was ok, and my civic was fine in loughborough, so it must just have been that bit in the middle. I was having a paintless dent dude come yesterday to have a look at the cars but he had to cancel because of all the hail damage :(, feel for you man.

Hawker

I was in middle of Leicester when the sky just turned black. All we had was rain..and now a dirty car. Wife called me up to warn me about the hail (was on my push bike) but it never came. Her car is fine (just covered in sand)...cannot believe the GTR could be a write off :scare:

Quite suprised to how many of you are from the Leicester area as I never see many Zeus around.

The dent man we use was crazy when he came to us, he stopped taking calls in the end as his phone was going none stop. Not sure when we will start having cars in to repair, I have heard of a few write off's but none with Lexus.

I haven't cleaned mine since the hail and I keep finding a few small dents and I'm now scared to clean it and see the real damage. (might be the excuse I need to get a face lift bonnet though)