Any other Rum lovers out there?

As I'm getting older I'm getting more inclined to spend a bit more on a decent tipple than just drinking stuff to get tipsy! Also my taste is changing and I can't drink any of the super sweet spirits i used to (Sambuca, Drambuie, other sickly stuff!). Favourite spirits are a good Bourbon (Buffalo Trace, Jim Beam Triple Aged), pretty much any Cachaca and a good bit of rum!

My birthday tommorow so my lovely wife bought me a bottle of this which i tasted yesterday:http://www.rndrumreviews.com/RnDRumReviews/Abuelo_Centuria.html

review is a bit poncy but it really is some of the nicest rum I've tasted ever! :#1::#1::#1: extremely smooth, lots of flavour and the taste lasts a long time. Had to stop yself drinking too much!

It isn't cheap but for once it isn't overpriced marketing rubbish and and actually THAT good. So good infact i promptly bought another bottle online after 1 sip. One to save for very special occassions!

Anyone else have any favourites???

Maybe Wasso and Neil should take a bottle to Lakez :shrug::)

I am normally a Jim Beam man, but my fiancee and I were on holiday in Barbados when we tried Mount Gay rum, which comes from the Island and WOW... I am hooked :lol: Yes its not exactly the best name in the world but its not too expensive and certainly goes down a treat :thumbs:

http://www.mountgayrum.com/

Maybe Wasso and Neil should take a bottle to Lakez :shrug::)

I am normally a Jim Beam man, but my fiancee and I were on holiday in Barbados when we tried Mount Gay rum, which comes from the Island and WOW... I am hooked :lol: Yes its not exactly the best name in the world but its not too expensive and certainly goes down a treat :thumbs:

http://www.mountgayrum.com/

:lol: It would certainly help with their camp....................ing. Oh hello sailor :lol:

Looks like a nice rum Tarantula, will have to check it out.

For a white rum I like Wray and Nephew - far, far superior to Bacardi.

I also like Mount Gay, Havana Club (5 or 7) and Appleton Estate - it does make you thirsty thinking about it!

My dad likes his rum too, but he's partial Woods or Pussers which are overproof badboys.......

Oh mate, are you poorly again? :lol:;)

Love Mount Gay.

But enjoying common or garden Captain Morgans Spiced Rum and Coke at the moment. (yes now,but purely medicinal ;):blush: )

Tweaked the nerve in my back again, so high on pain killers and rum....................... So it's not all bad. :lol::lol: