What is the best Rev To Set at

Zedrush

Okay, probably have repeated many threads before but am still new at this, on the Dials I have just found out I can set my Rev counter, what does this mean and what is the best setting to have it at when:

1. When I want to just cruise and save petrol

2. When I want to go fast.

Sorry if really stupid question but really havnt got a clue at the moment its set at 6800, not sure what this means :blush:

Okay, probably have repeated many threads before but am still new at this, on the Dials I have just found out I can set my Rev counter, what does this mean and what is the best setting to have it at when:

1. When I want to just cruise and save petrol

2. When I want to go fast.

Sorry if really stupid question but really havnt got a clue at the moment its set at 6800, not sure what this means :blush:

the Rev counter setting is for the change light, all it does is flash at the rev setting you have chosen it to, does nothing other than this :surrender:

I haven't done it for a while so I cannot remeber exactly but, If you are going for the economy run, set it at 4000rpm , start flashing at 3500 and it will keep you in top gear at around 70-80 without light flashing,

This forces you to accelerate gently to prevent light on, and then keep it in a nice rev range for economy...

Otherwise 5750 rpm giving me 1250 rpm to change gear before my face hits the windscreen ( a little bit too sharp that rev limiter... :blackeye: )

Mine is at 6600.

To be honest I do not use it unless on track and only when you are doing lots of high rev due to twisty bits being close to each other.

You would be surprised in the heat of the moment and in traffic that you cannot tell the difference between 6k and 6.5k. Quick little flash lets you know.

The last thing you want when overtaking is to hit that limiter.

Guest prescience

I always had mine set as high as possible - for heaven's sake guys you have a sports car use those revs. If I could regularly hit the limiter with a SC, so can you :thumbdown:

Not much annoys me but this does - sorry :blush:

I always had mine set as high as possible - for heaven's sake guys you have a sports car use those revs. If I could regularly hit the limiter with a SC, so can you :thumbdown:

Not much annoys me but this does - sorry :blush:

Im with you, had a good blast today and it felt so good! :thumbs:

The rev limiter cuts in at 7000 rpm on an 06MY so I've got my change light set at 6500 to prevent it cutting out when I get a bit carried away.

I thought the rev limiter was 6600 on the HR?

limiter is 6500 on pre-06 models

7000 on 06 model

7500 on 07 model.

If that was your question, that is :teeth:

I haven't done it for a while so I cannot remeber exactly but, If you are going for the economy run, set it at 4000rpm , start flashing at 3500 and it will keep you in top gear at around 70-80 without light flashing,

If you are going for the economy run, get a Citroen C3 Diesel :p

Surprisingly I find this car far better on fuel than my Audi before Last which was again another TT 3.2 litre DSG Quattro, that car was a joke for fuel consumption, The 350Z can actually be compared to my 1.8 Turbo Audi TT Quattro Sport for fuel consumption. And when I collected the car from Scotland, I drove it back all the way to London and I done it on £70 of petrol which I think is bloody impressive for a 3.5 V6 engine. :thumbs:

• 6 months later...

sorry to revive this again but some people say all that happens with this is that the annoying red light comes on and others seem to be saying that an actual limiter kicks in when you hit it. The reason I ask is that I was overtaking something in third yesterday and I was looking at the road not the dials for obvious reasons and then all of a sudden the car felt a bit jerky but was fine when I changed up a gear. :blush: