S3 theft. £2k reward, DO YOU KNOW THESE SCUM?

HEADPHONES

..... And then also, if you protect your family and beat the two sh!theads up then you end up with an assault charge! This country is screwed!

your primary goal should be to get out of the house if you feel endangered. the police will tell you not to confront criminals as you don't know if they have a knife or a gun.

but...

in a situation where you feel there is no escape as long as you can prove reasonable force; you can defend yourself. this also covers minimum force and excessive force.

basically if they were to attack you and you hit them, then thats reasonable force. if they went to hit you and you shot them, then thats not resonable force.

or if you knocked them out, and then continued to repeatedly beat them on the floor with a bat, then thats excessive force.

its the same when i was a doorman, and its a grey area and one you don't really wont to cross into as it can become their word against yours. you also don;t want to police to come round the corner when your still hitting them, as a police officers report is classed as accurate evidence. and if the criminal looks like they are the victims its you that might face charges.

i know we'd all like to beat 10 bells out of criminals but at the end of the day its just a car, its insured, you can always buy another. when your dead; your dead. insurance does pay for a new life.

I wouldn't leave the door unlocked with a toddler in the house. They can move quick and could be out the house and in the road in a flash....

I *can* leave my house door open (and keys in the car ignition) where I live but I don't. You have to take reasonable precaution in my opinion.

I know you shouldn't have to but you're silly not to.

The last time I was burgled I caught him climbing over the rear garden wall.

Hit him with a brick and he died - put him in the garden shed.

Nobody noticed so after about a month I "built a patio".

He grows lovely roses......... ;)

See and here in lies the problem with this country. If they enter my property uninvited, to steal from me or my property, they should have no right to "reasonable force" being used for me to defend myself or my properly. I should have every right to use whatever force I see fit. They are entering my property without permission. If I feel they should be shot, then so be it. Bet the feckers would think twice about trying to rob you then ;)

See and here in lies the problem with this country. If they enter my property uninvited, to steal from me or my property, they should have no right to "reasonable force" being used for me to defend myself or my properly. I should have every right to use whatever force I see fit. They are entering my property without permission. If I feel they should be shot, then so be it. Bet the feckers would think twice about trying to rob you then ;)

Thank f--k for that! Finally, the voice of reason! :thumbs:

I wonder how many people here would be so diplomatic is this happened to them!

you could still shoot some one and get away with it. prime example is that farmer who went to prison after shooting that young lad when he was burgled.

the reason he didn;t get away with it was he shot him in the back as the lad was escaping. the gun had done its job at scaring the intruder out, the owner took it to far when he shot him in the back.

if he'd shot him in the chest because the burglar was coming towards him i think it would have been a different story. at most he probalby would have got a manslaughter charge with no punishment.

It should be like it is in the US regarding intruders.

Pretty much if someone is in your home without permission do what you want.

The victim should be the one who gets the sympathy, the protagonist should get nothing!

i agree that if you commit a crime i think you should leave your civil rights at the door when you break in. same with alot of the human rights laws which have been abused to benefit the criminal.

The UK law system is one of the oldest and the best. although its not always seen to be doing the best job the laws have been designed to protect you, but sometimes this means that criminals may not always get the right deal.

there are major issues with the US system, and also if joe public starts tooling up so will the criminals until you end up with a gun crime isse like the states. at the moment firearms crimes are fairly low and few and far between.

just because your packing doesn't detere people, if it did wouldn't the US crime figures be alot lower?

Totally agree mate civilians tooling up with guns would make it a whole lot worse. Criminals would just do the same and the uk becomes little America where nowhere is 'safe'.

I think gun laws should be tightened further but as you say criminals leave their rights at the door when the break in.

Thank f--k for that! Finally, the voice of reason! :thumbs:

I wonder how many people here would be so diplomatic is this happened to them!

If they enter my house and threaten my family, I'm going to act first and think later, simples.

But, to reduce the chance of this happening, my doors are locked! Just because you shouldn't have to lock your doors doesn't suddenly make it the wrong thing to do. Who know's, i could possibly have been the victim of something like this in the past; a scrote could have seen the Lambo on the drive and try his luck to see if my door is open. I want to protect my family and property, therefore my door is locked and said scrote moves on to the next target. Leave my doors open as you suggest we should be able to and now I've a scrote in my house............ :nono:

TBH I agree with ChrisI, Given the chance I would defend my family and possessions to the max, using whatever force I could.

Whether that be a fooking good clout around the head with a baseball bat or if I had one, shoot them dead. I have zero time for fools that steal, simple answer is to lock them up for life. Get harsh on these idiots, cut their hands off, brand them, or whatever.

This country is all for the criminal not the victim. How can a criminal press charges against the victim if the victim is defending themselves and causes harm to the criminal. WTF. What are the victims meant to do? Ask the criminals to sit and wait with a nice cuppa until the police arrive.

Or....

You could get you own TV show like Dominic Littlewood, a convicted house burglar who's done time and even showed on TV how the criminals operate. That man should have all his earnings refunding the poor sods he stole from. Hate him with a passion.

No wonder people are heading away from this nanny state. You only gotta watch the cop programs, thief caught on TV trying to evade capture, get caught, go to court, get let off with lack of evidence. Why even have a police force their hands are tied by the flipping courts.

Run riot steal, stab and murder you will get away with it.

There will be no recourse on these fools, not enough evidence...wait and see.

cheapest option available is to change the front door handle to a pad handle. about £17 , and enables the door to be kept unlocked as handle cant be turned from the outside, only the inside. have to remember to have the keys in your pocket though to get back in.. disgusting though as even if the door had been locked , they probably would have rung the bell then wedged their foot in the opening door.. hopefully the video can be used and the courts wont be so dumb as to disregard the evidence due to entrapment... you know our justice system, and thats why i prefer to get my own justice, as and when the time arises.. hope he gets his car back unmarked but probably will want to sell it. :console:

My dad recently phoned the police because local kids were throwing stones through windows of the house that they were rebuilding and not currently living in. The police said they couldn't do anything as they didn't know who the kids were so he did the bush wookie type camouflage in the field next door, when the kids came around next he chased them to the local village, grabbed one by his neck and lifted him off the ground pinning him against the wall. He then phoned the police and waited for them to arrive, still to be told by the police that they couldn't do anything. I think the police literally just let them walk off not even informing the parents! Still, the kids didn't come back so it kinda worked out.

evidence is important, its what puts criminals away and its what stops joe public going to prison or being wrongly convicted. the law works both ways, if you remove the need for evidence whats to stop me accusing someone of theft with no evidence. and then being locked up for no reason what so ever. thats called a communist state :blush:

yes the system can be frustating some times but if you play the game so to speak it works for you not against you.

IMO it was totally planned. Whether he had locked the door or not he would have lost his car.

I agree though there is too much of a soft touch here. I personally think they should cut off the persons left hand or at least a finger. Doesnt have to be "Sharia" but when I visited my uncle abroad. Come prayer time everyone would leave their stalls and shops. I said to my uncle they haven't closed or locked anything is that safe? He just said they wouldn't dare because you would forever regret it. Enough said IMO.

Door locking issues aside, if somebody entered our house and threatened Tracy and my son with a crowbar I would make it my life's work to track them down and ensure I was able to re-enact several scenes from law abiding citizen with them, before putting them through the chipper feet first and letting them fertilise the field.

Door locking issues aside, if somebody entered our house and threatened Tracy and my son with a crowbar I would make it my life's work to track them down and ensure I was able to re-enact several scenes from law abiding citizen with them, before putting them through the chipper feet first and letting them fertilise the field.

And I'd be the one first in line to help you, the ba$tards

communist state works for me, NOT our nanny state :rant:

I'd be interested to see if everyone got the changes they wanted to the law if they were still happy 10 years down the road.

the only reason i say this is that if you visit countries that are heavy police states the people are unhappy and trying to push for a more western style of politics.

i agree that the police should be allowed to get on with their jobs, i agree that people like police and teachers should have back some of the powers they used to have. people/students know we/the police can;t do as much as we used to. i'm a strong believer that if you commit a crime you leave your rights at the door. and if something happens to you while commiting a crime; well its your own fault you shouldn't have been there in the first place.

i agree that the police should be allowed to get on with their jobs, i agree that people like police and teachers should have back some of the powers they used to have. people/students know we/the police can;t do as much as we used to. i'm a strong believer that if you commit a crime you leave your rights at the door. and if something happens to you while commiting a crime; well its your own fault you shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Ditto to that - best start telling your government though. It will be G4S who are Policing the streets in 10 years time the way things are going.

Hope they catch the scrotes, aggy burglary will normally see people go to jail.

Whats all this crap about displaying signs re CCTV? No such requirement. You can film your own property as covertly as you want and it can still be used as evidence in court. Just don't point the camera at your neighbours bedroom window!