Should I swap ??? And what 4

Dave172

Test drove a 370 z the other day and have to say it was fantastic better in every way than my late 57 350z don't no what everyone else thinks but I am thinking of changing or should I try the cayman s and the like first how do they stack up in your view ??

get a Zed,

you wont be disappointed.

I actually have to disagree lol :surrender: I would go for a cayman s...... I am currently looking at them and getting rid of the 370z

+1 I have driven both back to back and the Cayman S is a far superior car both statically and dynamically

I admit i had the same thoughts when i was looking to upgrade my 350z.

Technically yes i could have bought a car that had better handling, was faster, better put together (not just talking about the Porsche here but others as well) but ultimately it came down to a couple of things

1) Character - i love the look and character of the 370z roadster more than the others.

2) The 370 is a rare site and i like to be different

3) Cost - although the zed costs enough to run anyway im sure the others would be more.

But most importantly and this may sound all sentimental but i also wanted to stay part of the community created by this forum.

I have been really lucky in making a lot of really good friends here. The get togethers, meets, and holidays away have been immense fun and i've absolutely loved them. Without the zed that wouldnt have happened and i know if i changed car then that relationship would change, its sad but inevitable as the connection wouldn't be there.

So for me the choice was simple and i've not looked back. I absolutely love rosie. It may not be the fastest or the most agile but it puts a big smile on my face and that is what counts.

Its not just a car its a whole social scene that i've been lucky enough to get involved with. Would you get that with other cars? Maybe but i doubt it.

Anyways gushing sentimentality over......

Cayman is ugly though....like all Porsches

Oh you are so so so wrong :p

+1

I test drove a 370 & found it quite boring. It wasn't enough of an upgrade to warrant the extra cash.

Drive them both then decide. The porker will be more expensive to run, better finished and probably handle better. The 370 will probably have more character and be just as enjoyable.

The trouble is, the better the car you drive, the higher your expectations become.

Drive them both and report back.

Test drive the cars that appeal, it's not really up to us to say what might suit you. :)

1) Character - i love the look and character of the 370z roadster more than the others.

3) Cost - although the zed costs enough to run anyway im sure the others would be more.

4) Porsche don't come in Rosie colour.

You missed one. ^^^^ :p:thumbs:

Test drive the cars that appeal, it's not really up to us to say what might suit you. :)

:teeth: excellent point

I test drove a 370 and a Cayman (not S) last year when my Zed was in for damage repair...

I was not blown away by the driving experience of the 370, too clinical compared to the industrial 350, the Cayman felt more of a drivers car but the interior was bland and dull compared to the 370 so pro's and con's either way....

Biggest pro for getting a 370 would be you could hang around here without looking like a tool as you don't have a Zed anymore :shrug:

:teeth: excellent point

Will, I hope you have this song in your car:

"She ain't exactly pretty

She ain't exactly small

42-39-56

You could say she's got it ALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZZch5uDNks

Think I prefer the looks of your Rosie compared to the inflatable one in the video though. :scare:

I actually have to disagree lol :surrender: I would go for a cayman s...... I am currently looking at them and getting rid of the 370z

That didnt last long,wonderd why i didnt see any bodykits or spoilers being attached to your 370.

:shrug:

Literally trust bout to type the same thing.

My guess is it's not enough of a 'step up' Jay?