Reversing camera installed

sparky370z

• 1 month later...

The cam looks ok. It's the loom that attaches into headunit. That what costs alot.

ok thanks for the info, I just wasnt sure if when taking apart the OEM head unit that there would be some RCA jacks to plug the camera into.

I bought one similar and it did not work with head unit Steve, so ended up going for the Kenwood one. Its more money but I knew it worked as other had also used the same camera.... jacks are not so much the problem, but the loom switches power to the camera when selecting reverse and automatically selects the right input for the camera image, so it all happens automatically ........

• Like 1

The cam looks ok. It's the loom that attaches into headunit. That what costs alot.

ok thanks for the info, I just wasnt sure if when taking apart the OEM head unit that there would be some RCA jacks to plug the camera into.

I bought one similar and it did not work with head unit Steve, so ended up going for the Kenwood one. Its more money but I knew it worked as other had also used the same camera.... jacks are not so much the problem, but the loom switches power to the camera when selecting reverse and automatically selects the right input for the camera image, so it all happens automatically ........

the picture quality is excellent. and its got the night vision. and the cam has not frosted up like the cheaper one i had in the 350. better to spend the extra money IMHO

• Like 1

the picture quality is excellent. and its got the night vision. and the cam has not frosted up like the cheaper one i had in the 350. better to spend the extra money IMHO

Im going to be looking into getting the Kenwood camera soon, all I need now is find the loom :headhurt:

I fitted one to my Roadster, a few more bits have to come out and you have to stop the hood from folding down half way so you can get into that area, but as the others have said, its really professional, and looks sweet on the factory screen.

Hey Bubbagross - I found a better way to route the camera loom from the boot to the rear parcel shelf behind the drivers seat in the Roadster (without having to mess with the hood folding malarkey.... you can actually 'bash' the cable straight through (if you know where to run it!)....

Steve-r - you can get the harness / loom for the 370z from here (USA - Brian / bdl99)

http://www.carkitcompany.com/nissan-370z/nissan-370z-backup-camera-ho

• Like 1

I fitted one to my Roadster, a few more bits have to come out and you have to stop the hood from folding down half way so you can get into that area, but as the others have said, its really professional, and looks sweet on the factory screen.

Hey Bubbagross - I found a better way to route the camera loom from the boot to the rear parcel shelf behind the drivers seat in the Roadster (without having to mess with the hood folding malarkey.... you can actually 'bash' the cable straight through (if you know where to run it!)....

Steve-r - you can get the harness / loom for the 370z from here (USA - Brian / bdl99)

http://www.carkitcom...ackup-camera-ho

Thanks for the link :thumbs:

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kit arrived real quick from Brain looks a quality piece of kit. I plan to fit at the weekend. Will let you all know how I get on. Right time to make a call on the ERZ's HFC's...

Take plenty of photos of camera install with lots of notes and post up a guide.

I'm thinking of buying same kit.

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to fitting the kit today. Pretty straight forward, the fiddly bit is getting the wiring fed through and neat and tidy. Takes around 3 hours. Really chuffed with the results. Can actually see out the back of the roadster now!! Car now cleaned and masked ready for a machine polish tomorrow.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Installed a reversing camera on my MY2010 a couple of months ago - cost me £81.45 in total :)

Works beautifully, alongside the reversing sensors (£14.95).

My favourite mod so far. I'd recommend it to everyone (pre 2010 is less easy to do).

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply mate, I just had a nagging doubt that I hadn't activated something and it was supposed to make a sound, fitted a Brian loom and kenwood camera a few weeks ago, very pleased with it

Yep - I'm fairly sure there's not supposed to be a sound. I agree - it's a great kit. :)