Some new mods....reversing camera and kick plates

sipar69

Thought I’d post some pictures of a couple of recent mods – reversing camera and illuminated kick plates.

The reversing camera is the one other members have installed - sourced from Brian in the US . Delivery took less than a week. https://sites.google...ompany.com/www/

The kick plates are an official Nissan product and were supplied by Steve (thanks!)

I had the camera installed by some local fitters. It’s not a complicated job but I don’t have anywhere to work off-road. The install requires numerous parts of the boot’s interior to be removed and I didn’t fancy just dumping everything on the pavement or in the front garden. I installed the kick plates myself. This took me about four hours, but I was really taking my time and double-checking everything. There is a good write-up on one of the US forums with pictures, which helped me a lot.

Impressions – I’m hugely happy with the camera; it’s already proved useful and the picture is really sharp (there is a small amount of glare in the pictures I took but that's just the reflection from the screen when taking the photo - not present in the flesh). I haven't tried it in the dark but others have said it works really well at night.

I wasn’t blown away by the kick plates at first because the illumination was difficult to see in the sunlight. But when it got darker they looked great. Overall, I feel that both mods have enhanced the car.

Next upgrade in a few months will be a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

Happy to answer any questions about either mod. :)

Camera2.jpg

Camera1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Edited by sipar69

Thanks for the replies; The camera is Kenwood CMOS 210. You can save some money if you just buy the harness from Brian and then buy the camera here but you apparently have to modify the bracket so I just went for the whole kit.

How did u. Get the reverse cam to work with the stock head unit ?? Rely want to do this the door sills look ace aswell makes me want a set

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Hi, All of the Connect Premium sat nav systems already have the necessary software built in. You just have to add the camera and activate the software from the menu (Brian supplies all the info to properly calibrate the camera from the menu). He has developed a kit which enables the necessary connections to be plugged directly into the back of the head unit without the need to splice any wires etc. The wires are then routed down the centre console and through the boot (behind the trim) to the camera. It's a very neat solution - no visible wires and the camera itself is virtually invisible; not cheap, but worth it I reckon. :)

• 4 months later...

We've just installed 2 reverse cameras in the Z32, one each side for symmetry, lol. The drivers side one goes to a small 4" screen at the bottom of the drivers A-Pillar and is more intended as a rear view mirror replacement, that can be checked at the same time as the oil temperature, which is a gauge in the A-Pillar (Pretty much just for track use) and the passenger side one is going to a double din headunit we've just bought but not fitted yet.

Loving those kick plates, want to find something similar for the Z32.