Reversing camera installed

sparky370z

After a chat with chris i took the plunge and ordered up the loom and camera for my reversing cam install.

Well after some talking with brian from the US forum i ordered the loom. Its basically 110 quid delivered. But 40 of that is delivery.

The camera is a kenwood cmos 210 which is about 130 quid. But is very good and clear picture. Brian recommends this camera. However you could use a much cheaper option.

The guide he sends over is pretty good but you do need to be brave. And use you head.

Setting up the camera is very easy, the guide is very good and tells you step by step.

This is something that i needed to do, as parking is not as easy as the 350 not much visability out of the rear is low.

For an afternoons work, i am very pleased with the results. :thumbs:

Nice one, be interested to hear about the results.

Id be keen to do this mod as you are right rear visibility is non existent, especially in the roadster. I end up stopping short thinking its close but finding i still have miles of space.

Wheres does the camera go?

Nice one, be interested to hear about the results.

Id be keen to do this mod as you are right rear visibility is non existent, especially in the roadster. I end up stopping short thinking its close but finding i still have miles of space.

Wheres does the camera go?

Results are really very good so far.

I was doing the same will, leaving about 6 yards behind the car.

Cam goes above the number plate. Its mounted next to the number plate light. It doesnt look like its gonna fit. But its spot on.

Highly recommended mate :thumbs:

£240 :scare: my number plate cam on the 350 was £20 :surrender:

Yeah I know! The reason being is coz it plugs into the factory head unit.

The wiring loom is a bit steep considering its just a few wires and oem male/female plugs. That's 70 quid. However its very well made and suppose r&d comes into it.

You also could buy a cheaper camera but this one is very good and the night vision is very good too.

The 20 quid one is good dying the day but rubbish at night. I know as I had one.

Glad you like it Mark. It is quiet expensive but Brian has done a lot of R&D. Although its only a few wires and connectors, he does use a Nissan connector AFAIK and knowing their prices, that may well make up 50% of his cost.

Will I can show you my cam at Jims final hurrah if you are coming?

£240 :scare: my number plate cam on the 350 was £20 :surrender:

Yeah I know! The reason being is coz it plugs into the factory head unit.

The wiring loom is a bit steep considering its just a few wires and oem male/female plugs. That's 70 quid. However its very well made and suppose r&d comes into it.

You also could buy a cheaper camera but this one is very good and the night vision is very good too.

The 20 quid one is good dying the day but rubbish at night. I know as I had one.

Yeah fair enough, to be honest you would have thought a new car like the 370 would have this as standard, it's hardly an amazing thing these days....

Even if it was £500 if it saves a ding it's worth it huh :thumbs:

Glad you like it Mark. It is quiet expensive but Brian has done a lot of R&D. Although its only a few wires and connectors, he does use a Nissan connector AFAIK and knowing their prices, that may well make up 50% of his cost.

Will I can show you my cam at Jims final hurrah if you are coming?

Cheers chris that would be ace, i will be going to jims do, that is if i ever get rosie back :bang:

Sounds like a good idea and well worth doing. Parking feels like not much more than guess work sometimes due to the complete lack of visibility.

Well worth it mate! Haven't had a chance to really use it.

You can adjust the lines as well. So u can get closer if need.

Sparky, do you know if this works for the non premium sat nav system i.e. 2009/2010 ?

Not really sure, however, you can see I think.

If you turn off the radio. Press and hold the settings button, turn the volume know anti clockwise about 40 clicks. it should take you to a hidden menu.

From there scroll down to the camera option. I assume if you don't have the cam option then it can't be fitted.

Pm me if you need help.

Sparky, do you know if this works for the non premium sat nav system i.e. 2009/2010 ?

Not really sure, however, you can see I think.

If you turn off the radio. Press and hold the settings button, turn the volume know anti clockwise about 40 clicks. it should take you to a hidden menu.

From there scroll down to the camera option. I assume if you don't have the cam option then it can't be fitted.

Pm me if you need help.

learning something new every day - gotta go outside now and see what comes up :thumbs:

hmm - press and hold settings (radio off) - I get settings.........i can scroll to "other" and camera is in there (ie turn off lines)

can't find a hidden menu ???

You have to press settings and hold it at the same time turn the volume knob. It should take you to a menu with 2 options then go to second one down and that's it. Loads of stuff to play with. Although most of it is not a good idea to play with.

You have to press settings and hold it at the same time turn the volume knob. It should take you to a menu with 2 options then go to second one down and that's it. Loads of stuff to play with. Although most of it is not a good idea to play with.

Is there a setting to make the stock exhaust louder :sorry:

:ban:

yes, but it costs a shed load, makes tarmac happy and you need to get down and dirty

yes, but it costs a shed load, makes tarmac happy and you need to get down and dirty

:thumbs::lol::lol: