Poorly Ginger @ Bedford Autodrome

HaydnH

Ouch - how did they manage that?! Very odd place to come together with the barrier :surrender:

Unfortunately I wasn't there I have no idea! For those that don't know the circuit though, the cars in the above photo are facing the wrong way as the pit exit is the road behind the silver Citroen. Before that straight there's a fast right hander so the car couldn't even have gone wide! I'm guessing maybe he fish tailed coming out of the right hander, went over the gravel and backwards through the barrier on to the pit lane?? I'm glad I wasn't in the queue waiting to get on track!

Ouch - how did they manage that?! Very odd place to come together with the barrier :surrender:

Unfortunately I wasn't there I have no idea! For those that don't know the circuit though, the cars in the above photo are facing the wrong way as the pit exit is the road behind the silver Citroen. Before that straight there's a fast right hander so the car couldn't even have gone wide! I'm guessing maybe he fish tailed coming out of the right hander, went over the gravel and backwards through the barrier on to the pit lane?? I'm glad I wasn't in the queue waiting to get on track!

Yeah that was my guess, and ditto on not wanting to be in the pit queue when it happened :surrender:

so, if anyone knows of some software that can cut about with an MP4 i'll post the crash on youtube and you guys can try and figure it out. trouble is, this session i had the camera on my windscreen , so you can't see my steering input. it looks like i just carry on round the corner as the track straightens and drive straight into the barrier

Windows Live Movie Maker - not the best, but its free and easy. Just watch out as it tries to install loads of other Windows Live crap with it, just untick the non-required bits.

+1

Alternatively, just leave it uploading to youtube overnight.

Once on youtube, you can edit/trim your video accordingly.

Seen your other post and havent yet managed getting round to saying Im really gutted for you mate and truly hope it all sorts itself out! As long as you are ok mate thats the main thing!

I was intially thinking do I really want to watch this video knowing what I was about to see.... think your words at the end sums it up pretty well at the end.

All the best chap.

Steve.

that was about 10 minutes into the session. the tyres tend to squeal through all the corners on a track, but looking at a bunch of vids i've done you don't tend to hear it on the video.

i'm thinking i should have had a good check over my car during the lunch break and checked the tyre pressures.

this happened in the first session after lunch, it was a very hot day