Found some nature in our garden this morning!

Wasso

Now, I'm no nature guru or ever plan to be, but stumbled across something that I've always wanted to find.

I maybe wrong in my findings, but I'm dead sure it is what it is......

I noticed this morning whilst sat on the garden chair a large number of tiny spiders, got up, looked underneath the arm of the chair and found what to be probably 100+ spiders. My presumption to this is, they are all baby spiders recently hatched? I've always wanted to see the nest of baby spiders and I think this is it. I could be wrong and it's just a load of small spiders :lol:

Take a look and tell me what you think?

IMG_7402.jpg

IMG_7401.jpg

IMG_7405.jpg

IMG_7407.jpg

Yeah man they're definitely hatchlings. I have awoken to some nature recently also. I will upload some photos...

As long as it doesn't turn into those horrible house spiders......

HOUSE+SPIDER,+RAMSEY.jpg

They look like baby red back tarantulas :stir:

Thanks Dave :headhurt:

Funny thing is, took Jayne out to look at them this morning and they'd all gone. Tapped the arm of the chair and the bleeders all ran out to greet her. She wasn't best pleased. Might get daisy the killer cat to get them!!! :starwars:

IMG_6623.jpg

...so, leading on from my earlier comment. I found a Puss moth in my bath yesterday morning and she had laid 22 eggs in the bath.

This is mother moth:

PussMoth1.jpg

and another one of her:

PussMoth2.jpg

Anyways, after a little bit of research it turns out they have a really interesting life cycle with a couple of different larval stages. They end up looking really weird. So, naturally I went and scraped all the eggs out the bath and put them in some tupperware with some willow leaves (their diet). Anyway, my cat (pictured below) decided last night that it would be a good idea to catch the moth again after it had been released in the garden yesterday morning. So, this morning I found her again by the front door but she had laid another 32 eggs. So I beat her to death with a shoe :scare:

Just kidding

Benny.jpg

My Mrs would have a fit if she saw all those spiders! :lol:

Don't worry Lee, Jayne said "I can feel them walking all over me and now I feel sick" she was about 3 ft away from them, so how she could feel them is beyond me. What makes me laugh is she says "small spiders don't bother me" hmmm yeah right, this lot did :lol:

+1 Zugara bloody hate the things.

I had a flying rhino in my bedroom the other night, it must have been a giant maybug. I didnt get any pics of it, I was trying to get the thing to go back out the window before it dented any more walls :lol:

lighter....can of lynx....job done.

A man with similar logic to myself. If you are into MTBs I prefer GT85 to Lynx, it produces a much bigger flame thrower type flame than the bunsen burner type of Lynx :boxing::lol:

Fortunately I like nature, well I have to since I live bang in the middle of hundreds of acres of arable land :D My strangest 'vistors' so far have probably been a guinea fowl with a harsh, extremely loud cry, beautiful teardrop- shaped body and a head like a melted wax crayon and three seaside donkeys who were themselves on holiday since I don't live near the sea :dry:

I have had numerous stray dogs and cats and little rabbit that I kept because he was so cute and had obviously been very badly treated by whoever had dumped him in our lane. I am not bothered about spiders either way, well, I quite like them really since they eat the nasty, germ-carrying flies :thumbs:

Fortunately I like nature, well I have to since I live bang in the middle of hundreds of acres of arable land :D My strangest 'vistors' so far have probably been a guinea fowl with a harsh, extremely loud cry, beautiful teardrop- shaped body and a head like a melted wax crayon and three seaside donkeys who were themselves on holiday since I don't live near the sea :dry:

I have had numerous stray dogs and cats and little rabbit that I kept because he was so cute and had obviously been very badly treated by whoever had dumped him in our lane. I am not bothered about spiders either way, well, I quite like them really since they eat the nasty, germ-carrying flies :thumbs:

Top man! :thumbs: We have five rescue rabbits and two abandoned cats. Rabbits get a very bum deal because a lot of parents mistakenly think that they make good pets for children. They don't. They often don't like to be handled, have very specific dietary needs and are prone to expensive-to-treat health problems. That's probably why yours got dumped. They also like to live in pairs. Makes my blood boil when people mistreat animals! :boxing:

I'll settle for Top Girl :teeth: I hate animal cruelty too and mistreated animals often find their way to my house because it's a safe haven for them. I am trying to tame a stray cat at the moment but she is pretty nervous. She will eat food if I put it far enough away from the house but I'm trying to get her to gradually come a bit nearer every night.

At the moment I've got a two rescue rabbits, two rescue guinea pigs and a rescue cat, along with all my other animals :p

I'll settle for Top Girl :teeth: I hate animal cruelty too and mistreated animals often find their way to my house because it's a safe haven for them. I am trying to tame a stray cat at the moment but she is pretty nervous. She will eat food if I put it far enough away from the house but I'm trying to get her to gradually come a bit nearer every night.

At the moment I've got a two rescue rabbits, two rescue guinea pigs and a rescue cat, along with all my other animals :p

Oops sorry - Top Girl :blush: This made me think of starting a separate post about keeping rabbits. Feel free to add your tips! http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=62242 :thumbs: