ESP, ABS, SKID, HANDBRAKE lights on

Adrian@TORQEN

Had the Radio fuse blown inside the engine bay area while I was doing some audio stuff work inside the central console,but before I identified which one was it I have removed and checked all fuses from inside the car.

After puting everything back all above lights are ON.

Although left and right indicators work, there is no arrows on the dashboard to show which way I'm indicating... Car drives OK I think, I moved it on the drive way, seems to be OK...

The gauge on the right just shows ---- and won't take any commands when pressing the buttons on the dash, for instance showing MPG, REV limit, etc.

Tried ECU reset, don't seem to work, EML doesn't come ON. What else? :-|

Thanks!

UPDATE:

Now with photos: :bang:

esp1.jpg

esp2.jpg

I blew the stereo fuse in the engine bay a while back, i just changed the one fuse and all good no issues like yours... Sounds like you might need to get the car plugged into a consult machine rather than just buying lots of random bits..... hope you get it sorted quickly :thumbs:

Had similar with other cars, youve blown one of the dashboard fuses Id say, probably the ABS one as well.

However, someone was telling me the other day 350's dont use fuses as such and as Ive never had an issue I cant tell you how to fix it :doh:

From my experience (could be wrong though) the BCM appears to control the lights on the dash. When my BCM died the dash lights all behaved very strangely, flickering before finally just going out! :scare:

After re-reading the orignal post, it very much points to the BCM. Again when mine gave up the indicators themselves worked but the light on the dash didnt. Likely a new BCM is needed.

Make sure you have definately re-plugged in everything properly and they contacts are all good. I seem to remember someone saying the BCM wasnt fused, so if you short across it somehow, you can very easily blow it.

Torque app is crap so don't bother using it on a 350z :surrender: I think you need to go through all fuses under the bonnet mate before going any further and give me a call when your with the car and I will talk you through a few other things :thumbs:

Right... Don't shoot, I know, I'm an idiot! :surrender:

After testing all fuses one by one with the multimeter:

fuse2.jpg

fuse3.jpg

fuse1.jpg

I thought it may be a good idea to plug the air con white box back, but from what I remember it never did this before with the box unplugged.

acbox.jpg

Anyway, sorry to bother all of you, it's all working perfectly fine, heading to Nottingham in few hours. What a relief!

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

:ban::sweat:

Don't feel bad Adrian,

I had a similar issue yesterday with my Roadster.

The roof would not open, not even a purr or a click.

After 10 minutes serious head scratching I noticed that the passenger seat was missing. :blush:

Stuck the seat back in, hooked up the wiring and guess what, full roof operation back to normal. :yahoo:

Alex :)

• 2 weeks later...