INDEX:

Page 1: Rear strut bar , front passenger fender & door

Page 3: Bonnet , roof , driver fender & door

Page 5: rear fender , pillar , boot

Page 6: side skirts

Page 7 : why vinyl wrapping is on hold for the zed

Page 9: bumper done

page 10: zedshed and new toys to fit

Decided silver was just too normal and not IN YOUR FACE enough, so started vinyl wrapping my car myself. With some help from YouTubr videis (10hours worth) and assistance getting vinyl and tips from RTbiscuit.

so heres some pivs so far.

The car will be 2tone, mirror up will be black (mirror, boot, roof and pillars, and below will be green.

post-9260-1350119240_thumb.jpg

post-9260-135011924007_thumb.jpg

post-9260-135011924014_thumb.jpg

Edited by ddcboyle

I believe its apple green.

Takimg roughly 3hours per panel, done fender and 2 doors so far but nearly flipped with frustration doing fender. requires a fair bit of patience. Not as hard as i thought but it does get prettytedious. vinyl 2", pull back 1". constantly heating stretching and pulling back off. ill try get a video when doing another panel and upload with link so you can see.

Yeah i think carbon fibre for a whole car might not have been best choice. Heust habe felt gutted removing it all.

Best part so far from what lads at work are saying is the rear ..strut bar (think its called) vinyl wrapped looks awesome when driving behind car. that was the easiest bit to do so well worth giving it a go.

If anyone is looking at giving vinyl wrapping a go, ill have a fair bit of vinyl spare (only small bits from cut offs) and ill be happy to post them once cars complete to give people a chance to try it out without buying some.

Wonder if the wrap can be got in same colour as the calipers? My wheels etc undergoing that colour transformation as we speak and might be nice to experiment with some internals...

You're making it look very easy, bet it isn't and I'm not sure I'd have the patience?

Well done :thumbs:

I thoight it would be hard when listening to other peoples opinions and the fact companys do it for like 2grand+ , but it isnt too difficult. its taking between 2-3hours a panel but you definetly need 2 people. trief it myself a few times and wasted alot of vinyl.

what colour you doing callipers?

• 4 weeks later...