hfc, uprev, spacer

ddcboyle

Mine went from 242.2 to 259.9 at hubs after mods and remap.

I think Mark said that would be 295 bhp if I remember correctly

edit: meant at hubs not at wheels...

around the 300 mark is about the max for a standard NA setup on the 276.

alot depends on what you have to start with what you do and who maps it.

the big thing is not to look at what the final figure is but what the overall gain is for your car. also NA setups don't gain tons, but it makes a noticable difference to the drive and feel of the car.

berks are good, tarmac is a good source.

Ive got a K&N typhoon cold air intake at the moment and felt a big difference from that. probably gained very little but its more the sound and feel from inside the car im looking for. If i get 300 from those upgrades and its recognisable id be happy.

anytging else i can do without throwing money into a pit? like polishing or cleaning fuel injectors?

Nope. I thinks theres only 2 or 3 on here I have noticed breaking 300bhp/265hub on abbeys dyno or rs tunings dyno. The dyno used by Horsham reads particularly high in comparison. All dyno's are different but comparing the two major on here I have only seen a couple break 300bhp.

I take it you're on wheel horsepower there? Because over 300BHP is easily achievable on the 276.

DB

To gain more than 25bhp on a N/A car is very hard.

Look at your gains from before to after the dyno.

This ^^^^

I gained 12.5 with uprev on rs's dyno.

I take it you're on wheel horsepower there? Because over 300BHP is easily achievable on the 276.

DB

To gain more than 25bhp on a N/A car is very hard.

Look at your gains from before to after the dyno.

Unfortunately I only have before and after the tune. The lowest figure I have is 290bhp with everything (milltek, berks, spacer) installed but not tuned. final figure is 307, so according to that the tune got 17bhp more out of it. Mark I realise you're an undisputed expert on this so correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought the ECU took a while to dial out breathing mods back to stock power, so the '290' figure should still have been a few hp higher than bone stock even with no remap. If we call it 5bhp then that's an overall gain of 22bhp on a fairly conservative tune (which I requested). I realise the above is epic ricer-maths, but looking at it this way 300 doesn't seem unreasonable does it?

DB

Nope. I thinks theres only 2 or 3 on here I have noticed breaking 300bhp/265hub on abbeys dyno or rs tunings dyno. The dyno used by Horsham reads particularly high in comparison. All dyno's are different but comparing the two major on here I have only seen a couple break 300bhp.

The dyno I use is the same as RS Tunings. Only a few cars have achieved over 300bhp and there does seem to be quite a variation between seemingly identical cars.

My blue 350Z started at 258 at the fly, my silver one started at 285 - both on the same dyno with same wheels. They both gained about 25hp with spacer, decats and remap - as Mark says, more than that is difficult without major work.

The dyno I use is the same as RS Tunings. Only a few cars have achieved over 300bhp and there does seem to be quite a variation between seemingly identical cars.

My blue 350Z started at 258 at the fly, my silver one started at 285 - both on the same dyno with same wheels. They both gained about 25hp with spacer, decats and remap - as Mark says, more than that is difficult without major work.

Yeah I know matey, you have very good figures coming from your remaps. Ooop north seem to struggle for big gains. Don't know how accurate all dyno's are really but all you need to look at really is before and after :thumbs:

What I would add is a mapped 350z in n/a form is brilliant to drive. Good fun, sharp and got a good amount of torque so no matter the gains it's still gonna be a better car to drive afterwards

seems the uprev, spacer are good thing to go for.

not much has been said on the hfc. Are tgey purely sound or does it actually give a minor difference thats recognisable?

Guessing the only way to get 300+ is by turboing it?

What I would add is a mapped 350z in n/a form is brilliant to drive. Good fun, sharp and got a good amount of torque so no matter the gains it's still gonna be a better car to drive afterwards

+1, no matter what the real dyno says, the butt-dyno will be very impressed.

DB

To make the most BHP from a Zed whatever model you need to run De-catted.

Running Berks or any HFC's will always make more mid range Torque and a few more top end bhp but if a cat is fitted weather it is a HFC or a stock cat it will limit top end BHP on a N/A car.

The stock exhaust and stock Cats will flow decent bhp especially if the car turboed or Super charged, I have just finished a TT 350Zed HR car still fitted with stock Exhaust and Cats and it made 420bhp hub and 400 lb/ft of torque easily.

Jez mapped mine to a tad over 300bhp with the usual mods. I also seem to remember that a 296 car was just coming off the rollers when I got there and it only made 290ish after mapping but I do recall something about it not having 99 ron fuel in it ?

99ron fuel? is that the tesco garage fuel?

The momentum stuff yes, also shell v-power and BP ultimate are all high octane fuels which the zed should be running on to a) protect your engine B) more effeciency and c) more potential power.

seems the uprev, spacer are good thing to go for.

not much has been said on the hfc. Are tgey purely sound or does it actually give a minor difference thats recognisable?

Guessing the only way to get 300+ is by turboing it?

It may be a minor point but the Berks HFCs are significantly lighter than the OEM cats.

I have Brek HFC,milltek with y pipe,lightweight AMS pulleys,plenum spacer,JWT pop charger and uprev.

Only managed 296 BHP at the flywheel on rs tunings dyno.I had 284 when i got there!

This little lot cost me £2000.

I dont recommend wasting money on HFC unless youre minted and only want them because you can, I gained nothing from them.

Speaking from experience i would fit the plenum spacer and hks in box filter then go for the uprev.

Exhaust are expensive and gain little.If your exhaust is rotten and you can pick up the parts second hand then go for it otherwise save your money and put it towards your next car.

I have Brek HFC,milltek with y pipe,lightweight AMS pulleys,plenum spacer,JWT pop charger and uprev.

Only managed 296 BHP at the flywheel on rs tunings dyno.I had 284 when i got there!

This little lot cost me £2000.

I dont recommend wasting money on HFC unless youre minted and only want them because you can, I gained nothing from them.

Speaking from experience i would fit the plenum spacer and hks in box filter then go for the uprev.

Exhaust are expensive and gain little.If your exhaust is rotten and you can pick up the parts second hand then go for it otherwise save your money and put it towards your next car.

I went for hfcs purely for the noise, great combo with the milltek and the car sounded glorious. One of the best additions i ever did.

I had stillen intake spacer milltek Berkshire combo on mine gained around 19bhp I think from memory although the big thing for me was seeing a wonky bhp and torque line become very flat and consistent :-)

I went for hfcs purely for the noise, great combo with the milltek and the car sounded glorious. One of the best additions i ever did.

Another HFC fan here too - my car sounds fantastic and I had plenty of compliments on the exhaust note at Oulton :)

Sorry to crash this thread but I've a quick Q re the UpRev - do you actually see any MPG gains? I've read conflicting reports and whilst a better MPG isn't something I'm overly concerned with any improvement will help to justify the cost of the UpRev to my other-half teehee.

Thanks,

S.