For Sale Section Communication

Hi,

I notice the level of communication from forum staff to user in the for sale section is rather frustrating. I entered a fairly hefty number of for sale threads, some of which I mistakenly added pictures from the wrong photobucket album (not containing the piece of paper with user name). Of course this mistake means the threads do not conform to the forum rules and so will not be approved, I respect that. However, the problem arises that I haven't been informed they will not be approved, I just had to scratch my head and figure out after a few days of missed sale time why they weren't there. I do not have a copy of the threads to edit and resubmit as they were not sent back to me along with any reasoning for refusal.

A helpful system to implement would be one where, if the thread was to be refused, a message (be it automated or moderator written) would be sent to the user. The message would contain a quote of the thread and a quick sentence of why it was refused.

Hope that helps forum

When we disapprove a thread or post, it gives an option to inform the OP.

This is selected by default.

I'll get an admin to test the function. It may have developed a fault during an upgrade.

A note is put back to the poster with a reason and a description, this is done via email.

I know for sure I disapproved 3 of your ads and pointed out exactly why, asked you to look at the rules at the top of the page in the forum etc, etc.

I wish I hadn't bothered as it was obviously 5 minutes of my life wasted! :lol:

Do forum emails go to junk or something?

The main issue I had with this recently was that when the For Sale post was rejected, it dissappears into oblivion. So if you've written an awesome advert but forgot the username in the photo thingy, then rather than just being able to edit your ad with the correct photo's, you've got to rewrite the whole ad too?

Is this right? :)

The main issue I had with this recently was that when the For Sale post was rejected, it dissappears into oblivion. So if you've written an awesome advert but forgot the username in the photo thingy, then rather than just being able to edit your ad with the correct photo's, you've got to rewrite the whole ad too?

Is this right? :)

+1

it was a pain with some of the bits i was flogging. :lol::lol:

Make sure it follows the rules (use preview) before submitting and save it as a draft too incase it gets dissaproved.

Bear in mind here that the rules are very clear and highly visible. Ads are only disapproved if rules are not followed.

Make sure it follows the rules (use preview) before submitting and save it as a draft too incase it gets dissaproved.

Bear in mind here that the rules are very clear and highly visible. Ads are only disapproved if rules are not followed.

I understand all of that but is there no way of the rejected post being made available to the person so that they can just correct it rather than having to rewrite it?

I understand all of that but is there no way of the rejected post being made available to the person so that they can just correct it rather than having to rewrite it?

+1... while i've not had anything of mine rejected before, i know that sometimes i'll spend ages writing out a for sale thread - and to lose it must be very frustrating.

Yes you save a draft ? Thats the workround.... Unless admin plugs something in.. I guess in hand with the rules the save draft is quite acceptable.. You could always write your awesome add on your pc in notepad and paste the txt later...

I guess you never had 28k dial up... ;-)

Am I the only one who has drafted something only to lose the lot, given you can't get back something accidentally deleted on here? Learnt my lesson the hard way several times so that I now draft (and save) in Word and copy and paste, even though its only the text .

Given the size of some of the ads we see, that might be a better way of ensuring not 'all' is lost and can be used in other places as well. :shrug:

Dawg are you sure your pm's are working properly?

You've not really been around since you ban and if I remember rich had a nightmare with his immediately after the ban.

Could it be the same thing if stew has sent you messages and you ain't received them?

Ok, Ricey and myself have confirmed that you get an email when an advert is disapproved.

We still can't get the ad back though.

I do believe its taken over 18 months and over 3000 post but I may actually have made my first positive contribution! :#1:

Ok, Ricey and myself have confirmed that you get an email when an advert is disapproved.

I do believe its taken over 18 months and over 3000 post but I may actually have made my first positive contribution! :#1:

Ricey for Mod!

:blink::scare::stretcher:

get better soon, I can't cope with such shocks :lol:

Cheers guys, yes it was a day full of noob error and I don't have a copy of them. Fortunately they weren't technical for sale posts, just there were quite a few of them to write again. I just checked my emails as they are filtered into folders and yes they are there. yes I do receive PM's, I just thought the disapprove would come via PM and didn't think that it might only come via email. I guess a copy paste into the disapprove email for big for sale posts would be pretty useful.

Cheers

I've had one or 2 declined as sometimes you cant see the writing with the flash and once when it was on my car with my plate and attached video but no paper.

A mod copy and pasted the text to me in a pm to save me retyping it B)