What not to do on a cold wet Saturday morning.

SimonD

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General feeling is that it will be, two air bags deployed as well as the radiator going into the engine a bit. Spoke to the bodyshop manager at the dealer who suggested that the insurance company send an assessor down before moving it as the description of the damage means that it's probably total loss\BER.

Silly thing is that I was stopped at the red lights, pulled away and in less then 200 yards I was sitting in the armco :( The back end just went and by the time it caught again the car was in the armco which spun me around. Police turned up, breathed me and then drove off, obviously nothing I could have done, no speeding... just unlucky :(

I am just thankful that my 7 month pregnant wife wasn't in the car.

Probably not a good idea to answer those questions on an open forum..

Hope the piccies don't show any undeclared mods. If they do then pull them quick.

Hope you are ok mate.... totalling a car is a gutting feeling but if you live to tell the tale its a great pub story!

One less red one too... :-((

I always feel a sense of loss when a nice car takes a hit.

Thankfully none hurt.

Front beam looks to of remained in place but repairs would be massive including labour. If you just looked at the price for bonnet, bumper, fender plus painting and fitting and a few bits behind you'd be looking at €5000 in Ireland. (where I am btw, UK would differ of course) Then there's head lamp, washer bottle, radiator, air box and anything else that isn't vissible. Right off for sure. Now I really feel bad.

Sorry to see mate. Hope it's sorted quickly.

Ouch, glad your o.k.

Hope everything goes o.k. too, the worst bit is sorting out the paperwork. If your insurers are any good they be giving you a nice big cheque to get yourself another soon!

i'll tax the wheels and whats left of the NISMO kit! hehe ;)

Ouch, glad your o.k.

Hope everything goes o.k. too, the worst bit is sorting out the paperwork. If your insurers are any good they be giving you a nice big cheque to get yourself another soon!

i'll tax the wheels and whats left of the NISMO kit! hehe ;)

NO, i enquired first ;)