Insurance and Performance Mods

Dicky

Thinking of fitting a custom made st st exhaust, Plemum Spacer and having an Uprev tune. Rang my insurance "More Than" who said they would not insure me for any performance improving mods :thumbdown: . Can anyone recommend another company please :thumbs:

Have you tried Sky or Chris Knott?

Both represented on the Forum here and as far as I'm aware good feedback on the whole for both organisations (I renewed my policy through Sky this year). I think some members have found Admiral ok as well.

It always seems a bit of a chore searching and working through quotes with companies when you're declaring modifications but you'll find something :thumbs:

try admiral. they have been fine for me

+1

admiral also been very good for me. cheapest insurer by far generally ive found (23yr old male) and milltek exhaust system only added 26 quid to the yearly premium :thumbs:

I use Adrian Flux, been with them since purchasing the Zed two and a half years ago. Been great for me and if you add exterior or interior mods the price doesn't increase. They basically insure you for the power mods. They also provide European cover and a plethora of other additional insurance add on's.

If The other two don't pan out try Flux :thumbs:

Thinking of fitting a custom made st st exhaust, Plemum Spacer and having an Uprev tune. Rang my insurance "More Than" who said they would not insure me for any performance improving mods :thumbdown: . Can anyone recommend another company please :thumbs:

I'm sure I do not really need to post this but it is always worth checking with the insurer if they will cater for your future modifications..

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

Most insurance companies ive spoken to in the past are perfectly okay if you swap out the stock exhaust for a different one. How ive approached it with them is that the vehicle needs a new exhaust and an "aftermarket" exhaust is cheaper than buying an Nissan one. Performance wise, the difference it makes will be negligible unless you then go off and have a remap etc.

If you went into quick fit and asked for a new exhaust, the chances are they wouldnt be fitting a genuine nissan on, they will fit whatever brand they stock and you wouldnt then have to ring up your insurance company and tell them you have a "walker" or whichever brand it is now fitted to the car.

But, if you are increasing the power of the car then technically you need to tell them, but unless you rolling road test it before and after you wont know whether it has or not.