Windscreen replacement

CarpeDiem

Hi,

Has anyone had their windscreen replaced on their 370z?

At the weekend a stone hit my windscreen and caused a 12 inch crack down the window. The window was replaced on Wed by National Windscreens but when it was fitted I noticed that there was a half cm gap at top of window to the seal/roof. I mentioned it to the guy and he said it was a dealer part window and that the locator pins on the window were located properly and that they wouldnt allow the window to move to meet the seal. He wrote this down on the job sheet and said his manager would get in contact.

I received a call the next day from the Warranty Manager and he said he was going to come out and carry out the 'repair'. I asked him what he meant by repair and he went into a story how he had been in the industry for 19 years and quite often these dealer parts need modified to fit the car so he was going to remove the window, cut off the tabs and then relocate the window by moving it up the half cm to meet the seal. After explaining to him that surely that cant be right and that would put the black framing out of alignment and also for the rain sensor he still wasnt understanding and is now coming out to have a look for himself.

I wondered if they had fitted a coupe window as mine is the convertible and by looking at pictures the window on the coupe looks smaller but I have been told the window is the same for coupe and convertible.

Surely a genuine Nissan window would be a direct replacement and would fit perfectly without any modification! Has anyone had their window replaced and did you have an issue like this?

Any help and comments will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Sounds like they may have fitted the wrong screen.

The front screens on the 350 Coupe/Roadster are the same however the 370 Coupe/Roadster screens are different.

350 Coupe/ Roadster part # 72700 CD700

370 Coupe part # 72700 1EL0A

370 Roadster part # 72700 1EL5A

Alex :)

The front screens on the 350 Coupe/Roadster are the same however the 370 Coupe/Roadster screens are different.

I think Alex just scored the winner there... (as always)

I think Alex just scored the winner there... (as always)

+1 ... :#1:

Also worth noting that they should also replace the plastic strip along the top of the windscreen :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies. It seems like they have fitted the correct screen but fitted it incorrectly. They hadnt even located the locating pins in the holes. I have since had the windscreen removed and refitted but they have arsed it up again. When removing they removed the pins as they said it was better to fit without the pins. The window kepts sliding down and they had to keep pushing it back up. Now that is set Im still not sure it is fully located at the top but I have also noticed that it is not sitting flush on the passenger side inside next to the plastic trim and that it is not properly centred. I have raised a complaint and they are now going to come back out to inspect again.

Could someone be so kind and take a picture of thier roadster front windscreen showing it meeting the seal at the top so I can show how it is meant to look. If someone could do this it would be much appreciated. My local nissan dealership has no 370z's in.

My Coupe windscreen was replaced last weekend, didn't have any problems with fitment.

The fitter did manage to break my passenger side B-Pillar though so garage is replacing it, and only had half a gel pack for the rear view mirror so said he would sort that when came out with new B-Pillar.

Apart from that it fits like a glove.

Who fitted your replacement maxi? Mine is getting done by National Windscreens.

If they had taken the time to remove all the trim under the bonnet they would have more than likely fitted it properly first time. They were too lazy and never took off the brace bar to allow them to take the final piece of trim off and instead just slid it under the trim but this didnt allow them to line up the window properly and then located it with the locator pins being in the correct place.