What's your opinion on roadster?

Geordielad87

Good morning everyone I've seen a cracking roadster at a great price but I can't make up my mind if I like them as much as the coupe. I dont think the lines don't flow as well and they have masssssssive arse's lol But they still look nice. Just wondering what everyone else's opinion is on them? Does anybody own 1 and can vouch for them? Cheers

Mick

Personally i love the 350 roadster. Had one for 2 years and loved it.

Some people dont like the lines, some complain it looks like a ford ka convertible or looks like a pram when the roof is up but on a sunny day you can do something a coupe cant. Sit back put the roof down, enjoy the sun, the atmosphere and fully appreciate that glorious exhaust.

I loved it so much when i decided to upgrade the choice was obvious another roadster :)

Theres hardly any flex so it still handles great, the only issues are a smaller boot and all the issues that come part and parcel with having a folding material roof.

I like the roadster, it isn't as pretty as the coupe though. I personally think it needs the lip spoiler fitted but apart from that, spot on.....

It really depends if you want a convertible or not.

Yes - the looks from the rear when the roof is up are an acquired taste but better when the roof is down. You need to look after the roof and seals and moving parts to minimise any problems. The benefits are as Will described - you certainly do get a better sensation of the noise compared to the Coupe - even with the standard exhaust.

Whatever you choose I am sure you won't be disappointed. When I was looking I would have bought either - I was just after the best car I could get for my budget (inc history, condition, seller etc).

I have had the 350 roadster, loved it, nothing better than putting the roof down on a hot day and cruising about. IMO, they are better looking than the coupe, with the roof down they are stunning.

Anyway, who ever complains about a big arse :shrug:

You wont regret buying a roadster, another plus side is that there isnt that much too polish :thumbs:

Dave, any hole is a goal my friend....... ;)

I don't like the looks but I appreciate they are lovely on a nice day.

Using mine all year round I couldn't live with a Roadster through the winter.... and Zugara I love a big ar$e but not on a car!

Nowt wrong with them at all. Bit heavy, very ugly with the roof up, but that aside they're fine. A much more involving drive than the coupe too when you drop the roof, as you can actually hear the engine and exhaust!

Loved mine, and unless you're after the hardcore drive I'd still pick one over a coupe.

Nowt wrong with them at all. Bit heavy, very ugly with the roof up, but that aside they're fine. A much more involving drive than the coupe too when you drop the roof, as you can actually hear the engine and exhaust!

Loved mine, and unless you're after the hardcore drive I'd still pick one over a coupe.

...and there're heavier, so slower than a coupe and don't handle quite as well because there's more

flex in the chassis....(and I have driven both).

It comes down to whether you really value having an open car or not,personally I've had many open cars over the years,like them for a bit, but later sell them without too much regret.

When you talking slower......can you explain to the OP, what you mean. Is it that much slower it's gonna make you wish you had a SC? Nagh, I don't think so, is it so much slower, you will be left in the rear view mirror of a coupe, nagh,I don't think so,

Unless you can actually notice 0.000000001 of a gnats fart, IMO you are talking cack.

Anyone will be totally happy with the speed of any zed, Noticable difference in acceleration, if it's the same engine in both cars, hmmmmmm, nagh.

Another positive OP, you get 2 cars for the price of 1. :thumbs:

To be fair,there's one point you roadster fans have missed,it's a quieter cruiser than the coupe because the rear bulkhead/seperate boot largely eliminates the road noise from the back that the coupe suffers from.

...still wouldn't have one ;)

Thats also helps with loud exhausts too, Zug had one that sounded like an elephant farting into a tuba but it wasn't unbearable :thumbs:

One bad point is roadsters are more prone to pinking (apparently) :lol:

Hahahahahaha......thats another rib gone.......hahahahahahah :boxing:

To be fair,there's one point you roadster fans have missed,it's a quieter cruiser than the coupe because the rear bulkhead/seperate boot largely eliminates the road noise from the back that the coupe suffers from.

...still wouldn't have one ;)

Thats also helps with loud exhausts too, Zug had one that sounded like an elephant farting into a tuba but it wasn't unbearable :thumbs:

One bad point is roadsters are more prone to pinking (apparently) :lol:

I would have a convertible over a coupe if it wasn't for one thing - bluetooth.

May sound daft but I find it really useful and the convertible doesn't have it. Wasn't the only reason but that tipped the balance for me.

Chris.

Does on the 370 ;)

My Zed was my first Coupe after a plethora of Roadsters........ I will be getting another Roadster :yahoo:

Why.... There were certain days when I wished I could drop the roof, not just the summer ones, but crisp, cold frosty ones B)

TBH, my MX5's were "roof down" unless it was raining :blush:

Just bought a roadster... looks great roof down but a little clunky roof up. Haven,t noticed much difference in the drive against the coupe. Looking forward to a long hot summer.If not, then i,m moving to Spain!

One other point.. less paintwork to polish.