Irritating Alloys...

AMT

I cannot wait to get my Zed for many reasons... some of them might not be as you'd expect. One such item... the alloys... chunky, wide-spread apart single spokes.... LOVELY :teeth: . Easy to clean, no hidden hard to get bits! My alloys on my coupe do my nut in. Silly little gashes here and there and 'double-spoked' so after its been washed, I still need to get right into the gaps to clean and there always the first to start to bubble or peel away...grrrr :bang: . God knows how R8 V10 owners do it... although.. they prob pay someone else to... just thought i'd rant... pic below of mine... irritating buggers..

Used to use a brush but still too abrasive. Currently usin a sponge as it doesnt damage the alloy. I just hate silly designed wheels . Mines aren't exactly a mindfield i realise tht lol just wuld prefer simple ones. U can tell

a was bored whn i made this thread. Still bored as at a friends n ....family fortunes is on. A fate worse than death... Lol

Whats with the face?? Lol

It was someone without a Zed yawning at a thread that wasn't about a Zed :wacko:

I had those wheels on my old Couple, i have to say i didn't love it enough to clean the wheels much.....

How naive...

Oh, and the forum believes in sexual equality, so should your 'couple' have wheels fitted then both of them should be cleaned.

Whats with the face?? Lol

It was someone without a Zed yawning at a thread that wasn't about a Zed :wacko:

I had those wheels on my old Couple, i have to say i didn't love it enough to clean the wheels much.....

How naive...

Oh, and the forum believes in sexual equality, so should your 'couple' have wheels fitted then both of them should be cleaned.

:yawn:

Oh for god sake, its like kids... lol Nothing wrong with the Coupe! Most mags actually described it as a baby Zed... (no not for the power...god no .. lol) but for what you get for the money, the kit, looks etc. Its a good little car that! And no yawning.. lol

Thank you! (well there is if its below the gen 3.5... orange indicators, 16 inch wheels and a crap bin linner colour interior did no one any good! lol)

Depends on what one you choose... there is a difference that makes ALL the difference... just like the pre 06 Zeds and the ones after...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... %A9_GK.JPG

Old and crap....

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ ... 779333.jpg

Much more modern looking lol :blush::)

The 370z alloys are a bitch to clean :lol:

Easy as pie with this:

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/E ... ush_1.html

Nicely cleans the full width of the rim and the back of the spokes through all the openings - just need a smaller brush for the whel nuts/holes. Lasts well too, if you were wondering about the price ;)

Or if you are tight like me. :)

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/S ... ush_1.html

Thank you! (well there is if its below the gen 3.5... orange indicators, 16 inch wheels and a crap bin linner colour interior did no one any good! lol)

Depends on what one you choose... there is a difference that makes ALL the difference... just like the pre 06 Zeds and the ones after...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... %A9_GK.JPG

Old and crap....

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ ... 779333.jpg

Much more modern looking lol :blush::)

:lol:. Hurry up and buy a Zed so I can slate that. :lol: My auntie had one it was horrible dull soulless horrible slow horrible car. Your a good laugh I know you know its banter :thumbs::D

As for alloys I use the same brush ChrisS uses and another one and a mitt too. Really you need to seal your alloys to save you having to clean all the nooks and crannys. You can even put the brush onto a drill if you super lazy :lol:

As for the paint flaking off this is normal for wheels they go through a hell of a lot. Rays are notorious for flaking and they arent really complex at all. Your wheels dont really look that hard to clean? Do you use wheel cleaner? non acidic ideally. Just spray it on leave it agitate then rinse. The brake dust will fall off once you spray it on though.

I know the little bits can be difficult as sometimes Il clean the 172's wheels and think ok that should be it hose it off then there is dirt in between a raised bit and a flat bit. Snow foaming wheels can help too :thumbs:

Right you... what year and model? if its not at least a 2006 2.0L its rubbish. Obviously its not that fast, (but you'd be surprised what it can do B) ) and if you take it up some nice roads you'll realise its a good handlin' little thing for what it is and the cost! (as many reviews agree :p ). And YES I know its banter hehe :lol::thumbs:

And YES I need to get one quick, and i promise its very...very soon! :teeth: Thing is, it looks good, sounds not bad at all thanks to the twin pipes. And really (as long as its not slow slow) thats all anyone wants lol I know a Golf GTi would monster me, but... what would I rather have? The nice lookin sports car or... a hatchback thats high and looks the same almost as all the others. I have a thing about being low. Love the fact my mirrors are smack bang in my eye line and you feel cucooned (however you spell it) and hidden away. I sit in my friends corsa and think... christ I'm high..looking down at the wing mirrors lol And the Zeds even lower than the coupe! :teeth::teeth:

When I get this the forum needs to have a party or something. I don't think anyone has been this annoying with questions and been here so long without a Zed, but im EXTREMELY greatful to everyone thats helped me with answers and advice. And hopefully still help me when the new beast arrives :thumbs:

PS. getting back to topic. :lol: Usually use the orange label clean wheels Auto Glym stuff. Seems to work a treat as it doesn't dull the lacquer. But even a brush is hard to get into those wee double spokes cos you need pressure to get some of the tougher stuff out. But meh, I don't care, its leaving soon... lol

don't worry AMT i think for some members with your current car in this situation.

the H coup is to zeds, what zeds are to aston martin DBS

someone will always look down on someone else. as they say there is always a bigger fish. don;t feel bad, they aren't a bad car, and your looking at moving on to a zed so it can;t be all that bad.

but yes hurry the feck up i'm getting bored now :lol:

Right you... what year and model? if its not at least a 2006 2.0L its rubbish. Obviously its not that fast, (but you'd be surprised what it can do B) ) and if you take it up some nice roads you'll realise its a good handlin' little thing for what it is and the cost! (as many reviews agree :p ). And YES I know its banter hehe :lol::thumbs:

And YES I need to get one quick, and i promise its very...very soon! :teeth: Thing is, it looks good, sounds not bad at all thanks to the twin pipes. And really (as long as its not slow slow) thats all anyone wants lol I know a Golf GTi would monster me, but... what would I rather have? The nice lookin sports car or... a hatchback thats high and looks the same almost as all the others. I have a thing about being low. Love the fact my mirrors are smack bang in my eye line and you feel cucooned (however you spell it) and hidden away. I sit in my friends corsa and think... christ I'm high..looking down at the wing mirrors lol And the Zeds even lower than the coupe! :teeth::teeth:

When I get this the forum needs to have a party or something. I don't think anyone has been this annoying with questions and been here so long without a Zed, but im EXTREMELY greatful to everyone thats helped me with answers and advice. And hopefully still help me when the new beast arrives :thumbs:

PS. getting back to topic. :lol: Usually use the orange label clean wheels Auto Glym stuff. Seems to work a treat as it doesn't dull the lacquer. But even a brush is hard to get into those wee double spokes cos you need pressure to get some of the tougher stuff out. But meh, I don't care, its leaving soon... lol

Im not sure what year it was but pretty sure it was a 2.7. It was painfully slow my 2l 172 was way faster. Handled like a boat compared to the clio too. Oh yeah its ugly too :p

I've never used that auto glym stuff I use I4D's own brand stuff and its great. :thumbs:

Aw no, not the v6.... God knows how they got so little power out that engine. Lol ive done not bad for moving up engine wise. 1.7D, 2.0 petrol, n now soon to be 3.5 V6... I dont hang about when it comes to movin up the 'food chain' lol :lol: