Is the Zed a 'masculine' car?

twobears

I always relate back to Michelle Mouton - now she could tame THE most fearsome rally cars in the Group B era which demonstrated if the desire was there a woman could equal, or better many of the most respected drivers at the time in the MOST masculine of cars.

All down to whether an individual enjoys driving or not and does it right - jeez - how many idiot males drivers do we see every day on the roads in what might be generalized as masculine cars :shrug:

They're not all lipstick lesbians in Hebden Bridge Clown, so watch your step matey :lol:

How come that whatever I post on here it always ends up being about s*x????

I think you lot all need to take a cold shower...NOW :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe it has something to do with the thread title's - do you think?! :wacko::lol:

So far there's been - Can I see your knobs? What shape women do you prefer?

You're opening a can of worms don't say you haven't been warned - welcome to the Sprinklehood ;):lol:

Its def a 'masculine' car. Certainly when compaired to things like TT's, Boxsters...and SLK's (cough , sick, splutter).. lol No matter what way you look at it, if your a guy in a sports car..even a Zed... your a C@ck lol If your a girl... your hot. lol girls just seem to suit cars that make guys look geeky... point in case.. Evo's and Imprezas...guys you do not look good in these, but the other week a girl pulled in to Morrisons in a blue Evo... oh yes... awesome :lol:

I think that's because it attractive if a woman has good taste in cars. Most guys driving Evo's and Impreza's are tossers, but that doesn't stop them being a very very good car. Audi TT convertible is a great car, especially the 3.2 V6 DSG, but a guy driving it is usually perceived to be having a mid life crisis or a poser, woman driving it, HOT! Not because the car looks pretty good, but because she has the 3.2 V6 rather than the puny 1.8 150bhp model.

i'd put the zed in the same bracket as the TT etc

i wouldn't say its a girly car, but it certainly has feminine curves to it. I find the stock car is a bit feminine, but once kitted up does generally look more muscular.

I've owned a few cars that have bee labelled as girls cars. i.e. the MR2 roadster and the S2000, i usually find its comments made by people who either can;t afford them, don't actually know anything about cars, or have tiny penises. they might have feminine curves to them and women may like to drive them, but in the right set of hands (male or female) they could pi$$ all over most things driven by said nobless wonders from above.

You buy a car becuase youlike it, not becuase you get a popularity vote from your friends first. I tend to find those who doubt change their minds very quickly after i;d taken them for a spin. :devil:

+1 :lol:

They're not all lipstick lesbians in Hebden Bridge Clown, so watch your step matey :lol:

How come that whatever I post on here it always ends up being about s*x????

I think you lot all need to take a cold shower...NOW :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe it has something to do with the thread title's - do you think?! :wacko::lol:

So far there's been - Can I see your knobs? What shape women do you prefer?

You're opening a can of worms don't say you haven't been warned - welcome to the Sprinklehood ;):lol:

Thing is..... :blush:

Can a woman actually control a Zed :shrug: or does the Zed control the woman :surrender:

Are you a woman that sits on the steering wheel, as most women drivers do, and why do women do this, why. :bang:

Now no disrespect to women drivers of Zeds, but wouldnt you be better off driving something less powerful :wacko:

Are you talking to me zugara? If so, I don't know if I'm worthy of driving my Zed or not. I'll let you know what Colin at CAT says after my track day which,incidentally, I can't wait for! I'm not going to tell you what speed I've got it up to on the motorway 'cos its definitely not legal and that's another reason to look forward to being allowed to do 130 on the high speed track at Millbrook :teeth:

No :blush: not directed at anyone, just a question :surrender:

I have no doubt that you are a good driver, and obviously enjoy speed, please be careful tho, cameras and all, it was a non biased question 2bears.... :surrender:

Are you talking to me zugara? If so, I don't know if I'm worthy of driving my Zed or not. I'll let you know what Colin at CAT says after my track day which,incidentally, I can't wait for! I'm not going to tell you what speed I've got it up to on the motorway 'cos its definitely not legal and that's another reason to look forward to being allowed to do 130 on the high speed track at Millbrook :teeth:

Chatting to instructors in the past it appears that women often do well on track instruction because they don't arrive with pre-conceived ideas that they are the undiscovered re-incarnation of Nuvolari and don't have so much ego thus not putting so much pressure on themselves and enhancing their ability to listen and respond!

Pity this doesn't apply all the time B)

I was one such overly competitive, non responding male person. On a rally stage my instructor shut me down by switching a switch on the dash marked SYB. When I asked him what it was he said "Stop you bastard". It shut the engine off. :lol:

At the lower end of the market theres definetly cars which appeal stronger to one sex than the other but once your into performance cars I think that fades away. If I had to pick id say the Z is a girl, cus shes got nice curves hehehe :lol:

Thing is..... :blush:

Can a woman actually control a Zed :shrug: or does the Zed control the woman :surrender:

Are you a woman that sits on the steering wheel, as most women drivers do, and why do women do this, why. :bang:

Now no disrespect to women drivers of Zeds, but wouldnt you be better off driving something less powerful :wacko:

Now stop it Zug you big :stir::lol:

When are you going to CAT? You will LOVE it and Colin is brilliant, I did mine mast year and last week Ebized did his, do a search for Ebized's report. Love to know how you get on and what you think of it, I certainly found out a lot more about what the Zed is capable of and ll in a controlled and safe environment :thumbs::)

Zug, id say an awful lot of women have better car control than men on the track so its complete bull to say women should have less powerful cars......shell has driven my sprint car on a lot of track days and put a lot of blokes to shame:p On a rally course she got almost the same marks/comments that I did and ive done a lot more competetive driving. IMHO women are a little les red mist/on off than men in general and as being quick on a track is about consistency and doing the right things at the right time they actually tend to be quicker than men. might take a little longer intitially as men tend to be more gung ho but once they get some confidence/the hang of things are quicker etc.

Back to the original question I personnaly think the zed is a bit girly imho unless its something like the sumo zed in which case its :cloud9:

And completely off topic, "Come on The Arse" :D

Zug, id say an awful lot of women have better car control than men on the track so its complete bull to say women should have less powerful cars......shell has driven my sprint car on a lot of track days and put a lot of blokes to shame:p On a rally course she got almost the same marks/comments that I did and ive done a lot more competetive driving. IMHO women are a little les red mist/on off than men in general and as being quick on a track is about consistency and doing the right things at the right time they actually tend to be quicker than men. might take a little longer intitially as men tend to be more gung ho but once they get some confidence/the hang of things are quicker etc.

Back to the original question I personnaly think the zed is a bit girly imho unless its something like the sumo zed in which case its :cloud9:

whether its masculine or not, its a RWD coupe, with a stonking 3.5 litre V6, pushing around 300bhp through a manual transmission. Thats not a car for messing around in, thats a proper drivers car. if you want a car for cruising, posing or ease of driving, there are better choices.

admittedly the front end could be a bit more aggressive, and she does have a peach of a bum and curves at the hips, but its got all the right bits underneath.

Personally i think its masculine car - along with a Z4 coupe. In the middle would be S2000 and SLK, with a TT and a boxster towards the feminine side.

if you want a car for cruising, posing or ease of driving, there are better choices.

i think yhis what the zed does very well, its why its become so popular, for a big engine its a very easy car to drive. with the tcs etc all on, it certainly isnt an animal that will bite your arm off.

Rt your spot on, the zed really isnt a "beast" of a car in stockish form. I think some are confusing is the car masculine or feminine with is it a "hairdressers" car...which the tt, z4 and slk (minus the amg versions) are. zhe zed aint a hairdressers car well maybe the roadsters are.. :lol: ...only jpking on the front but niether is an aggressive masculine car ....skyline,evo,impreza,911,m3 etc etc are all agressive looking and performing cars that'll bite very hard if you dont treat them with respect the zed is weather permitting less testy. just my opinion mind..

I believe there is definitely masculine and feminine cars, but it really shouldn't be a factor in if you buy it or not. Z3 is feminine, the Porsche Boxster is feminine, Jag XK's are masculine, Z4's are masculine, Aston Martin's are masculine, TT's are feminine....

I think a lot of it has to do with the front of the car, aggressive = masculine.

I agree. Some cars definitely seem to be either feminine or masculine, and judging by the type of people I see driving them they definitely seem to fall into those categories.

In general mx5`s, audi TT`s, porsche boxsters, z3`s, slk`s, 206cc`s all seem to be feminine cars and 99% of the time i only see women driving them. Blokes seem to go more for the 350z, 370z, z4 or jag XK`s.

Well, over this end of the ocean, only a very small handful of female Zed owners, and that's any type of Zed 240-370. Maybe less so with the 370 as the steering is lighter than all previous models.

welcome to the Sprinklehood ;):lol:

Oh, I like that Vik! :clap: