Is the Zed a 'masculine' car?

twobears

Just wondering if the Zed is considered to be a 'masculine' car because three people have now told me that it isn't a girl's car. Not people on here I hasten to add. Someone said that if it was a woman he would call it 'handsome' rather than 'pretty', which is fine by me as I never wanted a 'pretty' car anyway. I don't really care what other people say about my car because I know that it is wonderful and nothing will sway me from that opinion :teeth: but it seems strange that some people feel the need to tell me that I'm driving a 'bloke's car' :dry:

p.s. if I am driving a bloke's car he ain't getting it back any time soon :lol:

I have never got all this "it's a girl's or man's car" thing... I agree with you that the main thing is that you enjoy the car.

But... yes I guess it would generally be perceived as more a man's car. I think that must make you extra cool B)

Some on on here said that his previous car was a TT that was poised, precise and drove like a ballerina. His next car he got was the Z and instantly snapped it up because it "drove like a thug and mugged you."

Dont really care if its masculine or not but being old fashioned I still refer to my cars in a feminine way, "she".

Cool? I wish :lol:

A lesbian, nope. Although, and this is a coincidence I promise you, I am off to Hebden Bridge for lunch today. For those that don't know, Hebden Bridge is one of the UK's most lesbian friendly places to live.

Finally, my car is definitely a man. I call him Zebedee :D

They're not all lipstick lesbians in Hebden Bridge Clown, so watch your step matey :lol:

How come that whatever I post on here it always ends up being about s*x????

I think you lot all need to take a cold shower...NOW :lol::lol::lol:

I think its down to the styling - although the zed has curves there is no frills, not pretty little extras. Its not got a nice smile at the front or a hook for a handbag. Its stupid, irresponsible and solves problems with brute force! ;)

But just because the care has male traits doesnt mean a woman cant drive it. Coming back form the bodyshop on wed I had a nice little play with a z4 and a M3 both driven by women and both fairly "butch" cars.

My zed is definatly a girl btw - it costs a fortune in maintenance and beauty products is unpredictable and is DEFINATLY in a mood with me at the minute for no reason!!

I wouldnt let it bother you TBH :thumbs:

Thanks Roo. I'm not really bothered as such, just a bit confused by the comments I suppose. I'm not an overly girly person but I'm hardly butch either so I will just get on with enjoying my beautiful car and people can think whatever they like :)

I believe there is definitely masculine and feminine cars, but it really shouldn't be a factor in if you buy it or not. Z3 is feminine, the Porsche Boxster is feminine, Jag XK's are masculine, Z4's are masculine, Aston Martin's are masculine, TT's are feminine....

I think a lot of it has to do with the front of the car, aggressive = masculine.

My Zed's called Norman :teeth:

Its def a 'masculine' car. Certainly when compaired to things like TT's, Boxsters...and SLK's (cough , sick, splutter).. lol No matter what way you look at it, if your a guy in a sports car..even a Zed... your a C@ck lol If your a girl... your hot. lol girls just seem to suit cars that make guys look geeky... point in case.. Evo's and Imprezas...guys you do not look good in these, but the other week a girl pulled in to Morrisons in a blue Evo... oh yes... awesome :lol:

If your coming from e yorks you'll probably go past where I live, just off the a646. Henden bridge definitely has some "interesting" people there.

I'd say it is considered a mans car, just look at the demographic of this site, I'm not really sure why it is though.

Some on on here said that his previous car was a TT that was poised, precise and drove like a ballerina. His next car he got was the Z and instantly snapped it up because it "drove like a thug and mugged you."

Dont really care if its masculine or not but being old fashioned I still refer to my cars in a feminine way, "she".

that was me :lol: ...... and its still holds true

TT was definately feminine and the zed, if not masculine is definately "butch" :lol:

although I believe will370z's "rosie" is definately feminine ?? :dummy:

Do many people cross over from TTs to Zeds I wonder? Other half had a TT but didn't particularly like it. It was a while ago and I can't actually remember why he didn't like it. Mind you he hates his BMW too. I think all he really enjoys driving is a 4x4.

I'd say both the TT and Z4 are unisex...

Hmm, I think the TT is solely feminine. UNLESS... its a TTS 272 or the RS, the extra aggressive bumpers help, but the boggo standard TT with the basic small 5 star wheels looks... well actually rubbish lol It looks as if its aged already. lol

I'd say both the TT and Z4 are unisex...

Hmm, I think the TT is solely feminine. UNLESS... its a TTS 272 or the RS, the extra aggressive bumpers help, but the boggo standard TT with the basic small 5 star wheels looks... well actually rubbish lol It looks as if its aged already. lol

Yes I think the New TT is less girly than the first one, and the TTS is more aggressive. The S3 would have been the chaps choice between the standard TT and S3 IMO :teeth:

The Zed is a blokes car, which my wife aggees with. She would rather have a Zed than a TT though :shrug:

I have never got all this "it's a girl's or man's car" thing... I agree with you that the main thing is that you enjoy the car.

So a pink Micra convertible could in no way be considered a girlie car?

Ah... you got me there :#1: ... I wasn't thinking about Micra convertibles at that point. I don't like being reminded about them now.. they would only be bought by aliens ;)