Price of oem exhaust

imhereithink85

Wow what i shock i got!

Was pricing it up out of due dilligence for my wife. As most of you know you have to try and get good excuses to buy non standard parts and upgrade them. In this case there is no excuse not to buy a Cobra at £425 :p instead of the oem backbox at £433 and the Mid section at £142 including 15% traders discount! :bangin:

I am one happy guy

Wow what i shock i got!

Was pricing it up out of due dilligence for my wife. As most of you know you have to try and get good excuses to buy non standard parts and upgrade them. In this case there is no excuse not to buy a Cobra at £425 :p instead of the oem backbox at £433 and the Mid section at £142 including 15% traders discount! :bangin:

I am one happy guy

Wow, you're getting ripped off! I recently had to price an OEM back box with Nissan main dealer, £298.69+VAT.

Thankfully I am not getting ripped off by CS ;) wasn't too fussed about the price of the oem stuff, was just an excuse to convice the missus to buy the Cobra system :p

Nope, I've had a look at a few traders websites and the prices all seem pretty good, although i've decided to get mine patched up by a local company just to get it passed MoT and let me save up for a more long term solution of a new exhaust. Cobra backbox and mid pipe £326 all in with the same guys who are patching up the exhaust, or a custom for around £200. Decisions decisions :shrug:

My OEM exhaust on the 03 JDM is making a strange noise - I think there's either a leak or something has become damaged inside the back box.

If I have to replace it, I woud not be wanting a very noisy system, but at these prices I don't fancy going for an OEM system. Does anyone know if the Scorpion would fit a JDM car?

My OEM exhaust on the 03 JDM is making a strange noise - I think there's either a leak or something has become damaged inside the back box.

If I have to replace it, I woud not be wanting a very noisy system, but at these prices I don't fancy going for an OEM system. Does anyone know if the Scorpion would fit a JDM car?

Jim, Scorpion say that it's not suitable for the JDM Zed but we know lots of JDM Zeds that have the Scorpion fitted with Zero fitment issues... :)

You can also opt for the Cobra exhaust which would be in keeping with the OEM tips dependent on which tip you choose...:)

Drop me a PM should you decide to get one... :thumbs:

Jim, Scorpion say that it's not suitable for the JDM Zed but we know lots of JDM Zeds that have the Scorpion fitted with Zero fitment issues... :)

You can also opt for the Cobra exhaust which would be in keeping with the OEM tips dependent on which tip you choose...:)

Thanks for the quick reply and the advice. :thumbs:

Re. the Cobra systems - sorry for the daft question, but what does "resonated" mean? :blush:

I'll be getting the exhaust checked out later this week at my local garage and then I'll know what I'm dealing with. I may be in touch after that. :thumbs::)

Thanks for the quick reply and the advice. :thumbs:

Re. the Cobra systems - sorry for the daft question, but what does "resonated" mean? :blush:

I'll be getting the exhaust checked out later this week at my local garage and then I'll know what I'm dealing with. I may be in touch after that. :thumbs::)

Jim, as Neil has said, resonated, this will be quieter and non resonated, this will be louder, it relates to the mid pipe section... :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I've now had the exhaust checked out and it is a small leak coming from the joint between the back box and the mid section pipe. This joint is badly corroded so it looks like both sections will have to be replaced. However, I noticed that the OEM mid section appears to have a small silencer box included in it and this is different from the Cobra and Scorpion systems. Is this a JDM issue or do all Zs have this box?

I've now had the exhaust checked out and it is a small leak coming from the joint between the back box and the mid section pipe. This joint is badly corroded so it looks like both sections will have to be replaced. However, I noticed that the OEM mid section appears to have a small silencer box included in it and this is different from the Cobra and Scorpion systems. Is this a JDM issue or do all Zs have this box?

Jim, the JDM models from new have a quieter exhaust fitted compared to a UK model... :thumbs:

The resonated Cobra would be an ideal replacement... :)

• 4 weeks later...