serviced today with 10w 40

Mrdeli

:shrug:

This one worries me, had mine serviced by main dealer couple of weeks back for a reasonable £119.00 but all the bill noted was Texaco Oil no grade so although running well a bit troubled by the ambiguity around oil grade.

Could ask I suppose but after the fact who is going to tell the truth?? Should have specified the grade or got the oil myself.

:headhurt:

Agreed. I'll do my own oil changes in addition, but it's nice to have dealer stamps in the book.

My car was running full synth 5w 35 before the service, but since the service it's running smoother. I'd have to conclude that 10w 40 seems to make the car run better.

Agreed. I'll do my own oil changes in addition, but it's nice to have dealer stamps in the book.

My car was running full synth 5w 35 before the service, but since the service it's running smoother. I'd have to conclude that 10w 40 seems to make the car run better.

dealer stamps on nissan IMO don't make a difference to value never mind how much you will lose whilst getting it service there,

To be honest, I rang two independent garages and they were both more expensive. I would agree that a good independent stamp is A1, but it's unlikely that a Nissan stamp will do any harm come sale time. The added bonus with the Nissan garage was a free mot when needed and full European rac membership for 1 year for free. Hard to beat, and the rac cover is peace of mind for my trip to le mans in June ;)

To be honest, I rang two independent garages and they were both more expensive. I would agree that a good independent stamp is A1, but it's unlikely that a Nissan stamp will do any harm come sale time. The added bonus with the Nissan garage was a free mot when needed and full European rac membership for 1 year for free. Hard to beat, and the rac cover is peace of mind for my trip to le mans in June ;)

oil change, MOT and RAC euro cover for 139.99!? cant go wrong, I'd do the oil change myself, but if your're getting the extras, then why not!

the DIY oil change... is there a How To Do This somewhere on this site?

Use the search box above and this will help you :thumbs:

Good oil and a oil filter should cost no more than £50.00 if you do it yourself. Zmanalex can sort you out with the bits :thumbs:

Only advice I would give is if you know someone with a ramp or pit, this makes life a lot easier. It is a piece of cake to do. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Changing the oil on a Zed is just childs play.. the only difficult bit is removing the undertray as most garages dont bother...they just undo the back screws and bend it out of the way to get to the drain plug..therefore the front screws can get corroded.

+1 I need some sort of stud/bolt extractors for the front now. :thumbdown:

Oddly on my zed, there is a hatch under the oil plug, so it can be removed (and the filter) without having to undo anything - bonus!!

If it's a metal under tray, it could be the Zspeed,as they have a hatch.

A search in Tarmac's sub forum will find you pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

If you look in the manual it seems they aren't fussed what oil you put in, just specifies mineral not even S/S.

I now use 5w30 fully synth as it only costs fractionally more than 5w30 semi synth which I've used in the past.

I wouldn't put Wilko's own brand oil in, but if you are buying yourself then a decent brand is as cheap as anything else, think I paid £25 for the last lot of 6 litres Fuchs Titan XTR 5w30 fully synth from Opie oils.