Brake Caliper - Choice of colour - Vote!

Wasso

What would you choose?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What would you choose?

• Black
    • Yellow'ish (lol)
    • Light Blue
    • Purple
    • Light Purple
    • Red

A big thanks Wasso for posting this especially the red photo shop. Being a fellow azure owner I have always thought the gold calipers didn't look right and wanted to change them to red. I even got a quote off Alex. Your picture has just confirmed i need to get them done! So my vote is for RED B):thumbs:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey no worries Leon :thumbs: It looks like Red has stormed the popularity vote. I'm quite surprised. But it has been interesting to see the wide verdict and opinion of different people. It really does show that we are all quite diverse in taste of styling.

Cheers for tips in lacquer it's a damn good idea :#1:

Vik - I have already started with changing my blue engine bay to Red so maybe the Red is the likely candidate. Which will mean changing out my nuts. No great bother as I have seen a nice set of Red on my350z so I'll have to get the colour match right!

Anymore votes or opinions?

i actually voted black,

the red does look good and goes very well, but my thoughts were, go black and then use the lettering to pick out the colour.

i've been having the same thoughts about my own brakes, and have decided to go black (currnetly gun metal) but use gold to pick out the lettering on them. (to match the gold wheels)

the reason i say this, is that you have alot more options in colour when it comes to vinyl so getting the right shade of what you wnat is alot easier. you'd be peeved if you had 2 tones of blue down there. if they are being painted do you know what they're painting them with? if its not specific caliper paint any kind of brake fluid on them can strip the paint off. Caliper paint has a specific polymer base to it to make it resiliant to brake fluid and dust etc.

Red is foolproof. I was thinking of doing a funky colour on my skyline calipers but I keep coming back to red. I think if u have a black car u can get away with pretty much any colour u want

Rich post pics of the gunmetal calipers. And learn how to use the reply button in ur pm's :lol:

Hardly the norm as mine are Azure, Dave's are just blue :p:lol:

Interesting combo silver and another colour but maybe too many colours.

SPD and GLRNET have both gone Azure so it'd be daft to follow the norm :p

White was a potential and it was Paul who inspired me to that colour, but then think of the muck, and we all know how brake dust likes to STICK!

Agreed blending colours but the wheel nuts will stay and be cohabiting with these ...

2c65864c.jpg

That's a terrible pic Rich :lol:

I see where you're heading with that colour, it was supposed to be white and aged THAT much to go with the car it's now grey. Only kidding mate.

Mr G and SPD - I thought you both went Azure :wacko:

Oh well.

I'm thinking Red is going to be the way forward. I'll make my enquiries with TGM tomorrow (Cheers Mr G)

sorry not the best pic :blush:

currently grey, which looks alright, but bit tired, thought about red, but it would be too dominating i thought plan is black with gold lettering.

i reckon black with turquoise on yours would work well.

subtletly is the key ;)

That picture doesn't change my mind....

I am not a fan of coloured wheel nuts anyway but at least they should match something shouldn't they?

Depends on the wheels imho. I got those because they add a bit of colour which imho looks nice in the dish of the wheels.

They also aren't too different from azure but that wouldn't put me off.

I like the orange brembo calipers personally too. Couldn't say they match :p

The only ever matching set of wheels i've liked are volks in mag blue. Those look pretty good on the darker blue zed.

Besides dave, I thought you were all for go and not show? :p

I am not a fan of coloured wheel nuts anyway but at least they should match something shouldn't they?

You are so wrong :p

Coloured nuts FTW B)

DSC_4520.jpg

You are so wrong :p

Coloured nuts FTW B)

DSC_4520.jpg

Im more than happy to be wrong, i hate black wheels too so that ticks all the boxes Ian :thumbs:

This is why I think it is silly posting up

"what should I do" threads, at the end of the day you should do what you like and balls to everybody else!!!!!