NEW

Hi,

new to the car and the site. after 3 hours of trying to up load pics that are too big and searching for answers to questions i have. ive given up and just guna ask. apologies got a few

i got a 2005 GT running 314BHP (DE-CAT,re-map, k&n typhoon induction) wanting to get it to about 350 any one know the best mods to get me there without FI. been told to look in to the pelenum chamber (not sure of spelling). are the pullyes worth doing? been told many things but not from people who actually own a zed.

i have some interior trim rattling driving me insane coming from the boot area. done my best to find it but no joy any ideas?

at low rmp in 2nd or above i get a external rattle any ideas of a common fault i could fix myself before taking it to nissan to give away my pennies.

also wouldnt mind a very subtle body kit where is best to look?

thanks for your time and apologies for the typical noob post. :)

:welcome:

I had the same dreams as you when I first got the Zed. Unfortunately, £/hp supercharging is by FAR the best option. Getting 350bhp Naturally Aspirated, I am led to believe, requires so much money and effort it really isn't worth it.

And where were you dyno'd? Don't mean to sound offensive but to have 314bhp with those mods on an 05 car sounds like you have a very optimistic dyno, or a very strong car!

The external rattle is most likely exhaust related, get under it and have a look for loose brackets/heat shields.

The trim in the Zed rattles, you more or less have to put up with it :dry:

If you replace your headers, port your cylinder heads and your intake plenum/collector, replace the stock Y-pipe, fit a new cam, and replace the pistons to bump the compression you MIGHT just see 350bhp. By which time you could have bought three or four Vortech supercharger kits.

I also have to agree with Waltzinblack, 314bhp on stock exhaust and plenum sounds like a bit of an optimistic dyno compared to other setups i've seen.

DB

Sorry should have been more in depth THE STANDARD EXHAUST HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH A FULL CUSTOM STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST FROM THE MANIFOLD BACK. THE EXHAUST FEATURES CAT REPLACEMENT PIPES AND A TRUE DUAL EXHAUST WITH CENTRAL ‘H’ PIPE AND SEPERATE REAR SILENCERS.(apolgies for caps i copied and pasted that)lightened fly wheel

Was dyno'd at dyno dynamics in Leeds (I'll up load read out) thanks for the replys guys.

Hi and :welcome: to the club.

Not much more to add to what has already been said above really. Your not gonna get 350bhp from an N/A Zed without very very deep pockets.

NOS might get you 330-340 but if you want a consistent 350bhp you will need to go FI. ;)