Taking it sideways!!

_BR1TT0N_

Hi guys, been having a drift about recently in the zed, just wondering if I want to get into more often, do I need to do anything to the zed? I know I need plenty of tires! Lol my mate said I need to turn off my ABS off to drift or it will help anyways, find when I spin out (lol I'm learning) can't brake as rolling towards a curb!! Lol any other things I could do? I have a jdm zed however is does have tcs which from my understanding, zeds with tcs tend to have LSD dif, any help guys would be good? Got some coilovers on the way!Cheers

Just cause the 350z is in f&f Tokyo drift doesn't automatically make you dk, if you find the need or thrill to drift do it on a track or close Area , realise that if you **** up its not just you that you could take out .

We used to go to my dads mates factory unit and do it there so if we ****ed up it was just us no innocent bystander

I didn't ask where I drift lol I asked what I should do to the zed if I want to?

You mention the words and i quote "been having a drift about recently in the zed" this would suggest that you already are drifting and not "wanting to" and you also mention kurbs, which would suggest to me your doing it on public roads! :scare:

Like others have said on here, do it on a track by all means, just don't do it on public roads, it only takes one mistake.................... :bangin:

I know to do it on tracks!! Been in private car park when no one in the slightest chance will be about, it's stupid to do it with public cos it's selfish to take the chance to hurt someone. Kurbs in car park and track would mean taking it a lot more often but I don't want to start taking it up to a track as stock if there are things I should do before I do? Otherwise might completely brake the zed from the start.

Find a nice big empty car park with no cameras and go have a play.

Turn off your tcs, drive at about 5mph turning the wheel, stay on the accelerator and just dip the clutch in and out once quickly. This is called a clutch kick and will get your wheels spinning. Don't lift off the power at this point - stay on it... :thumbs:

ok ok,

If I give you the benefit of the doubt, here's my serious advice to you in answer to your question.

Go to a dedicated drift day. Many tracks offer them around the country as both RWYB days and as places that provide cars.

They will give you tuition and advice and how to control and drift the car.

Seriously - even learnign in a "private" carpark is foolish. Too much risk of trashing the Zed not knowing what you are doing. Get some tuition - worth every penny.

Seriously - even learnign in a "private" carpark is foolish. Too much risk of trashing the Zed not knowing what you are doing. Get some tuition - worth every penny.

Is it your private car park? Did you ask and receive permission to be there? Are you sure it's private? Is it closed to everyone else?

If not you could get yourself in legal bother.

Assuming all that checks out then, yeah, it's your risk to take. I personally would suggest getting some tuition and starting off taking it easy.

I've done some skid pan training with work and it is ALOT of fun (not the same as drifting, but similar) but losing control of a car for real can be a bit... hairy.

I know to do it on tracks!! Been in private car park when no one in the slightest chance will be about, it's stupid to do it with public cos it's selfish to take the chance to hurt someone. Kurbs in car park and track would mean taking it a lot more often but I don't want to start taking it up to a track as stock if there are things I should do before I do? Otherwise might completely brake the zed from the start.

There are dozens of threads on here about drifting......if you want to do it well then you are looking at some major modifications and big expense. If you are talking about getting the back end out a little for a bit of fun during a track day then it can pretty much do it from stock. Sure the experts will be along to clarify further...

That's better!! Thanks guys!! Well my friend said about turning the abs of because it goes crazy? Should I or shouldn't it? Also any minor things I should do so the car will cope better and my brake do easy? Or is it ok as it is? I will have a look now to see what events are on!!! Thanks