It's that time of the year! RENEWAAAAL!!

Adrian@TORQEN

Chris Knott Insurance - where I have 4 cars insured have sent me a £1222.00 but matched £942 offered by Sky Insurance

Sky Insurance - £942.00

Adrian Flux - £2693.59

Bridle Insurance - £845 :#1:

LWIB - no call back yet

Performance Direct - £3,406.55 - AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH, WTF?!

Elephant - £1545.30

4y unprotected NCB

6y Full UK Driving License

12y resident in UK

32yo

WD24 postcode

Annnnnnd the wiiiiinnneeeeeer iiiiiis:

:#1: Bridle Insurance using Markerstudy as underwriter for £845.00 (including protected NCB, 30days in Europe, £500 excess, £80 windscreen replace)

It's a shame that CK couldn't match to be honest, I had a really really nice customer service over the last 12 months! I feel sorry now :surrender:

Perhaps no use if you have NOS but Elephant (Admiral's sister co) got my (standard) GT down to £371.

That's ok if you haven't got 56 mods and still counting. I also wanted European cover which is sometimes extra with other policies.

I saved quite a lot with Admiral this year!

:thumbs:

Yeah, we went down the Admiral route this year. The policy for 3 cars, 2 Zed's and a Clio actually worked out slightly more expensive than staying with the existing insurance, all 3 were with different companies. So why did I change, well the policy on The Clio only covered my daughter, aged 22 for 90 days a year, this one covers her for the entire year. In fact the Clio worked out at £600 with my 4 years NCB , the Zed's roughly £500 each with max NCB.

Pete

My renewal came through with admiral multicar today... very pleased with it.

£1177 for 2 cars (Zed and a Fiesta), all mods declared, business use for me on both cars, 7yrs NCB, and my fiance is only a provisional license holder.

The split was £715 on the zed and £463 on the Fiesta. Cant complain at that.

The charge me more because I'm black! :lol::lol::lol:

Don't really quite know why they're trying to rip me off, I live and nice area, car is on the driveway, 4y no claim bonus and so on...

...and so they should :p (Thats a joke, my fiance is black!)

Is that 845 you're paying just for the zed, or for 4 cars? It wasnt clear on your first post... Also, how old are you as that will make a difference, but at the end of the day it's a postcode lottery.

...and so they should :p (Thats a joke, my fiance is black!)

:blink::blink::blink:

I really hope you actually meant that your fiancée is black, or is there something you're not telling us...?

:p;)

Yep, im going to marry a big black man! :lol:

Okay, my fiancée is African - we've been together for 9 years (engaged for 2) and literally this week we're going through the final stage of earning british citizenship :yahoo: (costing us £874 :thumbdown: ).

...She's the reason i sold my first zed as we had to get a Solicitor to keep her in thr country :blush:

• 2 months later...

I just renewed my policy with Chris Knott £534,with a few mods, 7ncb one previous accident 09, clean licence age 42 :blush: never bothered phoning around as last year they were the cheapest but could only get cheaper insurance if I had a massive excess.

• 9 months later...

Renewal time:

Chris Knott Insurance - £900.00

Sky Insurance - £742.00 - Many thanks to Alex for such a great customer service!

Adrian Flux - £730.00

Bridle Insurance - £740.00

5y protected NCB

7y Full UK Driving License

13y resident in UK

33yo

WD23 postcode

Annnnnnd the wiiiiinnneeeeeer iiiiiis:

BridleInsurance again using Markerstudy as underwriter for £740.00 (including protected NCB, 30days in Europe, £350 excess, £80 windscreen replace, agreed value of the car of £10.000, the complete list of mods covered like for like)

With the supercharger fitted, the price would be £840.00 / year, pro rata at the date when it will be fitted.

Thanks again Eddie Brookes @ BridleInsurance.

Edited by octet

Just about to renew with ESURE. £241 fully comp.

I am old, no mods, lots of ncb. £350 excess. So I know I am different.

Everyones situation is different but thought it was worth a mention as not seen ESURE been mentioned on here before.

Interested to know if anyone else is with them?

Just about to renew with ESURE. £241 fully comp.

I am old, no mods, lots of ncb. £350 excess. So I know I am different.

Everyones situation is different but thought it was worth a mention as not seen ESURE been mentioned on here before.

Interested to know if anyone else is with them?

Esure came out the same as Elephant for me this year, £341 FC, 350 excess but had 3 points this year and car now in garage which apparently pushes the premium up too.