An unfortunate end to Zed ownership!

James B

After two fantastic years of Zed ownership, the dream has come to an abrupt end.

Unfortunately I had a nasty accident on the M25 last Thursday. The traffic came to a sudden stop and my foot slipped off / glanced the brake pedal and I plowed into the back of the person in front at about 20mph. I make no bones about it, it was entirely my fault and I was livid with myself for such a silly mistake. :blackeye::bang:

Thankfully no one was hurt but I've just learned that the 'ol girl will be written off as there's chassis damage. Gutted!

Not sure what the future holds but I'm doing a lot more miles for work so a sensible 'Turbo Weasel' may be necessary. I'll continue to lurk as I still get a great deal of enjoyment from the various types of posts that make this place such a rich forum. And what a bunch of characters......... (mean't as a compliment) :boxing::lol:

Ciao for now peeps! :byebye:

:( Sorry to hear about the car mate, but as long as you're okay that's the main thing.

I don't mean to be insensitive, but did you get any pics of the damage? Would be interesting to see what a 20mph crash looks like, especially to write the car off with chassis damage.

:( Sorry to hear about the car mate, but as long as you're okay that's the main thing.

I don't mean to be insensitive, but did you get any pics of the damage? Would be interesting to see what a 20mph crash looks like, especially to write the car off with chassis damage.

I'll post some pics shortly when a few more insurance things are sorted out. Hear too many stories of poor use of social media stitching yourself up........

Look at the thread I did mine was at about 15-20 mph

if Z's keep getting written off at this rate - there will be a premium on the ones left on the road! :thumbs:

in all seriousness.... really sorry to hear about that JamesB - the thing is, nobody got hurt... material possessions can be replaced.

stick around tho! ;)