2012 Porsche Boxster updated with pics!

EH 370z

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do seem to look a little better with each facelift they get, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to own one because I would always thing I should have saved a little more and got a 911. :shrug:

They do seem to look a little better with each facelift they get, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to own one because I would always thing I should have saved a little more and got a 911. :shrug:

Mmmmmmm...... much want.

Always had a soft spot for boxsters, almost got one instead of the Zed, and that is a pretty successful facelift I think.

Never got the whole 'poor man's 911' thing, i think it may because Clarkson said it once everyone has decided it's true. Is a Boxster a rear engined 2+2 GT coupe? No it's a 2 seater mid-engined roadster and a damn good one at that, good choice Mr EH370z Senior.

DB

Mmmmmmm...... much want.

Always had a soft spot for boxsters, almost got one instead of the Zed, and that is a pretty successful facelift I think.

Never got the whole 'poor man's 911' thing, i think it may because Clarkson said it once everyone has decided it's true. Is a Boxster a rear engined 2+2 GT coupe? No it's a 2 seater mid-engined roadster and a damn good one at that, good choice Mr EH370z Senior.

DB

I used to think the same way but I guess its down to what you want it for.

There is a lot of panache attached to the 911 name but apart from the "Back seat" there is not much in it from a performance point of view (like for like) and the Boxster is better balanced too :shrug:

I used to think the same way but I guess its down to what you want it for.

There is a lot of panache attached to the 911 name but apart from the "Back seat" there is not much in it from a performance point of view (like for like) and the Boxster is better balanced too :shrug:

Mmmmmmm...... much want.

DB

Yeah, he has one at the minute which he has had from new, the first of the 2006 facelifts, and he been really happy with it, and there is nothing out there which really floats his boat.

That said there is a hell of a differance in price changing up. :blackeye:

Mmmmmmm...... much want.

DB

Yeah, he has one at the minute which he has had from new, the first of the 2006 facelifts, and he been really happy with it, and there is nothing out there which really floats his boat.

That said there is a hell of a differance in price changing up. :blackeye:

I just want to be clear that I am not saying it's a poor mans 911.

Different strokes for different folks.

No, No I completely understand where you are coming from, if you’re gonna be a bear, be a Grisly, that’s always been my motto too :thumbs:

I just want to be clear that I am not saying it's a poor mans 911.

Different strokes for different folks.

No, No I completely understand where you are coming from, if you’re gonna be a bear, be a Grisly, that’s always been my motto too :thumbs:

It's utterly, utterly stunning. This is my next car after the 997, I have no doubts about that. It's breathtaking, and shows that Porsche have some really talented design guys there, albeit being able to pinch stuff from my favourite supercar ever, the CGT.

Seriously, I cannot wait for these to arrive. The second I start getting bored with mine, I'm swapping. If I had the spare cash I'd be getting my name down for a build slot now!

It's utterly, utterly stunning. This is my next car after the 997, I have no doubts about that. It's breathtaking, and shows that Porsche have some really talented design guys there, albeit being able to pinch stuff from my favourite supercar ever, the CGT.

Seriously, I cannot wait for these to arrive. The second I start getting bored with mine, I'm swapping. If I had the spare cash I'd be getting my name down for a build slot now!

You'll need much more than a "little" to bridge the gap between one of these and a 911. Twice as much in fact by the time you're done with the necessary options.

And i really like the new Boxster too... ;)

You'll need much more than a "little" to bridge the gap between one of these and a 911. Twice as much in fact by the time you're done with the necessary options.

And i really like the new Boxster too... ;)

It's funny, I have driven the Cayman and thought 'I'd rather buy a 911' but with a Boxster it's different. I have also always said (to much ridicule and eyebrow raising) that I'd rather have a boxster than a cayman.

I LOVE this new version. It is stunning to look at and I have no doubt it'll be stunning to drive! Well done Porsche, you've hit the nail firmly on the head. I think it looks better than the 991 too.

It's funny, I have driven the Cayman and thought 'I'd rather buy a 911' but with a Boxster it's different. I have also always said (to much ridicule and eyebrow raising) that I'd rather have a boxster than a cayman.

I LOVE this new version. It is stunning to look at and I have no doubt it'll be stunning to drive! Well done Porsche, you've hit the nail firmly on the head. I think it looks better than the 991 too.