2012 Porsche Boxster updated with pics!

EH 370z

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mind topless females but not a fan of topless cars so It would have to be a Cayman for me but at the top of my realisable hit list is an Audi R8 B)

The Cayman is a better looking car IMO, but on the other other hand why pay more for less car (other than the weight) Only Porsche could get away with the the Spyder is more again for less car!

• 2 weeks later...

Its bad.... not the car... the fact my views now changed... lol Someone who loves cars...and has always hated 911's and boxsters (exception GT3 RS... don't ask why I dunno)...they just don't look special enough. BUT... the new 911 and its new interior... I like it :blush::bang: ...Boxsters not bad looking these days either... but god wouldn't buy one.. Porsche done well with the new looks, wider, squater, sharper. Looks like you've just spent the cash on its looks as aposed to wasted it.

I'm currently knocking around in a base Cayman, and aside from the ridiculously big wheels on it it's actually pretty good. I wonder if a lightly specced Boxster might be a better choice if I do swap, could save myself £8K if I hold back on some of the fancier options.

I'm currently knocking around in a base Cayman, and aside from the ridiculously big wheels on it it's actually pretty good. I wonder if a lightly specced Boxster might be a better choice if I do swap, could save myself £8K if I hold back on some of the fancier options.

Your not wrong it's just gauling that you have to pay for option you don't even specify like ****ing window tinting and in this day and age Bluetooth phone prep even after you have gone for the Mac system which will be as @*!# as every other German nav system! The price I have shown is for nothing flash no more than you would get on a 350z with gt pack and nav TBH :shrug:

But I know which would drive better ;) whether it drives £20K better is another question entirely.

The Porker nav system is one of the best I've used in terms of routing and clarity, but only having half postcode search is unacceptable in this day and age.

A large point of order:

£64k is STUPID, STUPID money.

You can buy these 2 for the same:

Maserati Spyder 2004 @ £24,000

Nissan GT-R 2010 @ £40,000

People who want a Boxster S at £64K aren't going to be interested in those cars though, are they? You need to compare it to its rivals, the Z4, TT and SLK. Which of those would you buy given the choice?

A large point of order:

£64k is STUPID, STUPID money.

You can buy these 2 for the same:

Maserati Spyder 2004 @ £24,000

Nissan GT-R 2010 @ £40,000

People who want a Boxster S at £64K aren't going to be interested in those cars though, are they? You need to compare it to its rivals, the Z4, TT and SLK. Which of those would you buy given the choice?

Maybe. Maybe not. I think the new Boxster looks absolutely stunning and if I had £64k to blow on one I would be tempted. But not tempted enough to do it if I saw this - currently on Pistonheads - a 2006 997 GT3 RS

3002237-3.jpg

I guess what you're saying is that Boxsters are owned by hairdressers and wives of double-glazing area sales managers who wouldn't be interested in the noise of the Maser or the wizardry of the GT-R.

I guess what you're saying is that Boxsters are owned by hairdressers and wives of double-glazing area sales managers who wouldn't be interested in the noise of the Maser or the wizardry of the GT-R.

This would be second Boxster my dad has had and as a former royal signals officer attached to the SaS during active fighting in south east Asia in the 60s I can assure you that he has never cut hair! :lol:

The boxster is a really relible, not to thirsty cheap to maintain car. Which of the cars in pictures above can claim that. IMO id rather have a fully speced boxer and look like a hair dresser than in a gt-r and look like a 12 year old thinking people will think im "cool" me because I bought a silly fast souless car. :lol:

The boxster is a really relible, not to thirsty cheap to maintain car. Which of the cars in pictures above can claim that. IMO id rather have a fully speced boxer and look like a hair dresser than in a gt-r and look like a 12 year old thinking people will think im "cool" me because I bought a silly fast souless car. :lol:

I agree with you 100% about the gtr being soulless. Reminds me of a computer game.

I would buy an r34 gtr before the 35.

That pic of the boxster above is beautiful.

Not necessarily true. Know a few people who've sold their fairly high spec'd new Porsche's to buy an R35, because.......... in their words,..... it's faster!