The sound of silence

Ekona

I very very rarely have music on when im driving. Much prefer to hear the engine note and what is going on around me. Ive always been like that. My misus on the other hand never turns her radio off, as soon as you turn the key the radios on before the car even starts.

The only time i`ll put the radio on is occasionally if im stuck in traffic, or if im on a long journey.

Anyway with my K1 on the zed I cant hear the bose system anyway unless its on full blast. :lol:

I very very rarely have music on when im driving. Much prefer to hear the engine note and what is going on around me. Ive always been like that. My misus on the other hand never turns her radio off, as soon as you turn the key the radios on before the car even starts.

The only time i`ll put the radio on is occasionally if im stuck in traffic, or if im on a long journey.

Anyway with my K1 on the zed I cant hear the bose system anyway unless its on full blast. :lol:

Right you young whipper-snappers :boxing:, I'm a real old fart, or as some of you might say "proper old", I'm 58. :surrender:

Generally in the Zed, no music unless on a long trip. In the van mostly on all day but really do agree with Dan that it's quite refreshing when it's off, don't know that I could turn it off altogether but then some days I can be in the van for 4 to 6 hours. My stations of choice are Planet Rock :thumbs::thumbs: (mostly), Radio 4, Radio 2 and Classic when I want some peace and quiet but not turn it off.

Right you young whipper-snappers :boxing:, I'm a real old fart, or as some of you might say "proper old", I'm 58. :surrender:

Generally in the Zed, no music unless on a long trip. In the van mostly on all day but really do agree with Dan that it's quite refreshing when it's off, don't know that I could turn it off altogether but then some days I can be in the van for 4 to 6 hours. My stations of choice are Planet Rock :thumbs::thumbs: (mostly), Radio 4, Radio 2 and Classic when I want some peace and quiet but not turn it off.

I only ever listen to Radio 5 these days, I gave up on commercial radio yonks ago, just mindless chatter from big ego DJ's, adverts and lowest common denominator music..yuk. On the odd occasion I'll play a CD but that's about it. Caroline is the opposite, radio on all the time and when I took my daughter to Liverpool to see the match last week she was constantly channel hopping from one station to another, drove me flippin mad :lol:

Lots of country lanes around here and the tactics from other drivers seem to be to blow their horn and proceed at full speed around tight single lane corners so its a good idea to be able to actually hear what's going on :thumbs: .

Pete

I only ever listen to Radio 5 these days, I gave up on commercial radio yonks ago, just mindless chatter from big ego DJ's, adverts and lowest common denominator music..yuk. On the odd occasion I'll play a CD but that's about it. Caroline is the opposite, radio on all the time and when I took my daughter to Liverpool to see the match last week she was constantly channel hopping from one station to another, drove me flippin mad :lol:

Lots of country lanes around here and the tactics from other drivers seem to be to blow their horn and proceed at full speed around tight single lane corners so its a good idea to be able to actually hear what's going on :thumbs: .

Pete

After 1 Westfield. 2 Caterhams, then an early Elise with a radio that didn't work, I still can't get used to having one!

Anyway... I agree.....90% of the time. The other 10% I seem to have a yearning to go to the other extreme... normally with something like Baba O'Riley, Speed King or similar at full blast - so that sort of gives my age away :wacko:

After 1 Westfield. 2 Caterhams, then an early Elise with a radio that didn't work, I still can't get used to having one!

Anyway... I agree.....90% of the time. The other 10% I seem to have a yearning to go to the other extreme... normally with something like Baba O'Riley, Speed King or similar at full blast - so that sort of gives my age away :wacko:

I'm old fashioned and still use CDs. By that I mean I'd like to listen to CDs but the Bose has other ideas :lol:

I anticipate going deaf very soon anyway as bought the BuddyClub exhaust earlier in the week and have been warned by other members on here that it doesn't do your hearing too much good teehee.

S.

I'm old fashioned and still use CDs. By that I mean I'd like to listen to CDs but the Bose has other ideas :lol:

I anticipate going deaf very soon anyway as bought the BuddyClub exhaust earlier in the week and have been warned by other members on here that it doesn't do your hearing too much good teehee.

S.

I don't ever listen to the radio - but always have some kind of trance/drum and bass/dubstep/house cd going on. No ads, no crappy DJs, just exactly what i want to listen to.

For long journeys, music is a must - I find trance calms me down and smoothes things out as I relax more. I could quite happy drive for hours with a good cd on. Of course, extra points for timing your overtakes just as the music crescendos... :cloud9::thumbs:

I don't ever listen to the radio - but always have some kind of trance/drum and bass/dubstep/house cd going on. No ads, no crappy DJs, just exactly what i want to listen to.

For long journeys, music is a must - I find trance calms me down and smoothes things out as I relax more. I could quite happy drive for hours with a good cd on. Of course, extra points for timing your overtakes just as the music crescendos... :cloud9::thumbs: