Ordered new specs...

Stew

HOW MUCH???????

I haven't bought new glasses in years so was shocked when I picked my frames and was told it'd be £470! I wear them at work and thats about it. I'm going to wear them all the bloody time now!

Rant over, I know a lot of people spend a lot more but I'm still crying about this for now!

Standard lenses but the frames are rimless. Got the extra £105 for the extra tough rimless lenses off the price though.

Apparently there was a pair that was more expensive in the shop....

I did get an extra pair gratis too.

If I look at it for two pairs it's not so bad but it's a shocker! Last time I bought new specs was a LONG time ago, so they will likely not be replaces for a while!

i'm due new glasses next year and i will be buying them online. just take your pescription from the oppo and buy online.

i have the link to a good company at home if people are interested.

same mate, i get mine online. shop for a frame you like and order it online :)

Also buy sunglasses in winter, always cheaper :)

If you get a pair 'free' - then sunglasses?

Mine cost the sort of money you have paid and have the tinting thingy when you go outside, but I don't like it really as even when it is not sunny they tint and makes the 'eye contact' when talking to people difficult for them. And not as good as true sunglasses anyway :thumbdown:

So next time I renew, no tints but a pukka sunglasses as a second pair with the full prescription.

Some places will do the your prescription lenses for Raybans & Oakleys etc, a mate of mine got his done :thumbs:

I'll have to look into sunglasses. I have nice ray bans at the moment. I'll have to look into nice prescription sunglasses if I'm wearing them more often!

Top Tip, get your prescription.... and get your glasses abroad, they are a fraction of the price.

For that price you could have had just about had a week away and some new glasses :thumbs:

Perhaps that could be a new line of business when I get to you know where :disguise: ......... :lol:

But our local Specsavers is pants :)

Varifocals free at specsavers.... ;)
:o You must have picked up some very expenisve frames mate. unless they're verifocals in which case the lenses are very expensive.

But Graham did you not wonder why they had more vegetables than glasses.... No wonder you needed new specs, you were in Lidl :lol:

After having my current glasses for probably 6/7 years at least and having partially broken them when snowboarding (though not visibly, they still look ok!) I figured it might be time to shell out on a new pair! Was kinda banking on £200-250 though, anymore than that and I reckon I can squeeze a few more years out of these current ones :p