Building the best sound system for the Z!

Adrian@TORQEN

Weeeeeeeeeell, that did not last long, on the way home, after about 45 minutes, the subwoofer died. Went back to AUTOAUDIO on Saturday morning, Mayur confirmed.

A new subwoofer speaker will be installed on Monday, but I'm considering a better sub like Orion or Morel, although the whole setup was according to specs. Probably just a bad product.

:console:

Last few photos from installation are here:

autoaudio31.jpg

autoaudio32.jpg

Sorry to hear it went pop a bit prematurely matey, that sucks. At least using pro guys its on their head to sort it or at least prove it wasnt them.

Did that sub not massively rattle the speaker grille? Its not the most rigid bit of plastic covering in the world, although I guess the metal plate that holds the sub cone is quite substantial so may stop most of the rattling before it reaches the grille.

Octet that looks like an awesome set-up there mate.

Have they managed to replace the sub yet?

im looking to get a zed in the next 6 months, and will more than likely get an audio install done. Auto Audio is a couple of miles from me too :)

How did you negotiate using your own equipment? Did they mind? how did it affect the price of labour? would it be ok to give a complete break down of costs ( i would understand if you didnt want to though).

The craftmanship does look amazing! Pretty sure that dynamat will make a world of difference too. Its reassuring seeing what a great job they did - and fills me with confidence for when i take mine there :thumbs: Stealth set-ups FTW!

• 4 months later...

Few months later, not the happiest bunny as they say :)

Some feedback about AUTOAUDIO's workmanship:

Many plastic bits rattle inside the car, although the volume level is at 10 out 40

The subwoofer box itself rattles

The subwoofer speaker is touching the plastic BOSE cover, damaging the speaker

The driver's window glass is banging against something inside the door when lowered

Took the car back today to have all problems sorted, will come back once I collect the car again.

• 11 months later...

Bit of a thread revival, but well and truly deserved.

Had a listen at Adrian's system in Wales, absolutely cracking.

The system has a lot of power, depth and clarity and yet only running a small 4 channel amp for the entire system.

Beautiful sound mate, well sourced and great quality. Just looking to go shopping ;)

Edited by Wasso

:lol:

Holly thread revival, one year old :D

Thanks, good luck with your build!

But it was a worthy one, and I'm surprised you've not shown it off a little more because its the best I've heard in a Zed by a long shot!