Who can wrap alloys:)?

GoralGT

I've seen lips of wheels wrapped to good effect. I think I've seen whole wheels wrapped too however I think they've all been DIY.

What they look like close up is another thing too....

Why a wrap and not Powder or paint? You want carbon or some kind of pattern?

I just bought Rays, and been thinking what to do with my 20" alloys which needs to be refurbed.

If I would go for refurrb not too many choices powdercoat or wet paint you can't do too many variations:)

I'm wondering how would that look if I would wrap just the dish or maybe all spokes:).

After seeing that video I've got impression it's easy job. I just need to get proper dryer :)

I will use Rays soon, so then I will play about with my allooy. I have some carbon wrap.

P.s Is it road legal to wrap the reflectors? :drive1

Did anyone from forum done it before?

For how long it will last?

Do you mean the front bumper reflectors? If yes then you can do what you want with them.

I just bought Rays, and been thinking what to do with my 20" alloys which needs to be refurbed.

If I would go for refurrb not too many choices powdercoat or wet paint you can't do too many variations:)

I'm wondering how would that look if I would wrap just the dish or maybe all spokes:).

After seeing that video I've got impression it's easy job. I just need to get proper dryer :)

I will use Rays soon, so then I will play about with my allooy. I have some carbon wrap.

P.s Is it road legal to wrap the reflectors? :drive1

Did anyone from forum done it before?

For how long it will last?

How long before you get this up and running Rich? B)

you can get them hydrographically dipped.

its what i will be doing once i finish building the workshop ;)

in the new year hopefully.

had to get the workshop in to a posisition where i can spray effeciently in any temp.

Just as a test I decided to test my wrapping skills on external hard drive and then reflectors:)

That's a sample:

wrp1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm in a rush so don't have time to rotate:)

I think it's a great fun. I'm sure kids would be fantastic in doing it.

Reflectors looks quite good I will make a shot of my car later today.

It took just 30-40 mins for both sides. :drive1

Alloys next... :bangin: ?

• 2 weeks later...
Im plasti dipping my rays in the next couple weeks , will update this with a pic when its done.

What colour and how you doing it?

Black at the moment , im tempted with blue though since it seems to be a bit more glossy than the matte black option

Just spraying it on the wheels , you can buy cans of the stuff and apply a few coats using about 3 cans per set of wheels with about 3 coats of stuff, then when your done with it just peel it all off.

Im doing it as i always wanted black wheels and for £10 a can cant complain.

Be really interested to see that :thumbs:

Im plasti dipping my rays in the next couple weeks , will update this with a pic when its done.

Black at the moment , im tempted with blue though since it seems to be a bit more glossy than the matte black option

Just spraying it on the wheels , you can buy cans of the stuff and apply a few coats using about 3 cans per set of wheels with about 3 coats of stuff, then when your done with it just peel it all off.

Im getting a create your colour kit plus the 799 shine coating. Im thinning mine with toulene and spraying it with a gravity fed spray gun :thumbs: