GTR, Gallardo or 997

coldel

I'm not gonna even read any of the comments... just... GALLARDO!! B)

If you wanna do it... go for the GTR, but if you wanna FEEL it... get your arse in that Lambo.

997... doesn't even register lol. You won't have fun in it, and seemingly from what I see on TV, the GTR won't be either...just really fast :shrug:

C'mon think of the sound! And its a Lambo... its not exactly..slow or ugly or boring... GET IT DONE! :thumbs:

Funnily enough I did a very similar driving experience yesterday at Chobham Test Track and drove a Lamborghini, GTR and supercharged aerial atom in that order. Ignoring the atom (which was by far the best) I actually enjoyed the GTR more. Plus I could put my jumper on the back seats, which was nice.

Here is a bit from one of them:

Yes I await comments of how rubbish I am but the big scary man sat next to me shouted if I accelerated on corners and things.

Never mind the driving , I'm more concerned with this quote....

Plus I could put my jumper on the back seats, which was nice.

How far down the list do you think this REALLY should be in terms of supercar considerations?? :rolleyes:

L....A...M....B....O hehe :p

You'll get closer to the 997's limits on the track than you would the other two, and you'd have a lot of fun playing with the fat rear end and the pointy front.

The GT-R will be considerably quicker than the other two, but it's still a big car that doesn't make a particularly nice noise. Stonkingly capable, but lacks the emotion.

The Lambo will be the most difficult to extract the best from, and the gearbox will drive you nuts, but you can console yourself with that noise and those looks, and the fact that it's a genuine supercar.

One's a Beetle, one's a Datsun, the other one is a Lamborghini! You can blag a test drive in a GT-R or 997 any day of the week, whereas I suspect getting a Lambo out for a blast might prove a bit trickier. A Gallardo is still £60K to buy, whereas you can pick either of the others up for £35K now. Drive something that is unobtainable, not common as muck. :thumbs:

You can blag a test drive in a GT-R or 997 any day of the week, whereas I suspect getting a Lambo out for a blast might prove a bit trickier. A Gallardo is still £60K to buy, whereas you can pick either of the others up for £35K now. Drive something that is unobtainable, not common as muck. :thumbs:

This is why I'd deffo go for the Lambo. If you want to have a blast in the other 2, just turn up to a dealership in a sharp suit and you can go out and blast on. I very much doubt you can do that in a Lambo. Maybe you can - Sarnie will tell us :lol:

It is a 911 997...I personally do not like them, think they look a bit :thumbdown: and dont sound like a sports car should IMO.

I agree Coldel, that metallic engine sound really disappoints, easily sorted with a decent exhaust I suppose....

As a designer I love the carefully evolved styling and the fact that Porsche has made few changes to the basic concept. This is either a brave move or a lazy 'if it ain't broke' one, either way it's clear that there has been plenty of investment in how the car drives. I'm sold on one after the Zed, although I had a test fit in my mates 993 C2S which was lined up as the next car but i don't fit :doh: