Awesome LED sidelights fitted :D

manphibian

Finally got round to fitting some LED sidelights to bring it all up to date.

I've had a LOT of different types over the years, many of them are crap, but THESE ones are really excellent :)

Here's how they look (this is just the sidelights that are on B) )

IMG_0074Small.jpg

IMG_0077Small.jpg

Could do with getting some 8000K Xenons to match them better, but it's such a pain in the ass getting to the bulbs, i don't think i'll bother :lol:

I think Danny (D4NXY) had 8000k bulbs in his for a bit, but while the lights looked good, he lost light visibility in the dark, so went down a K I think to regain light output for visibility.

I had 8400k bulbs in my last zed and they were fine... want to get them again, i just havent got round to it :lol:

Think i'll get these as mines are the old yellow ones and don't go with the dipped lights. How easy are they to fit? as when i changed the indicator bulbs to chrome ones, all the rest looked like they would require to either remove the light or go up through the wheel arch. Why design stuff like this? :bang:

I had these LEDs fitted for a while and they were great until they started falling to bits! Hope yours last a bit longer than mine, I've still got a little yellow disc stuck at the bottom of one headlight :lol

I've had a LOT of different types over the years, many of them are crap, but THESE ones are really excellent :)

I would be careful with those led bulbs, its unclear from the picture or listing that they have a resistor built into them which. I have seen on some ebay adds the following where the LEDs dont have a built in resistor

DUE TO THE REDUCED RESISTANCE IN LED BULBS CERTAIN CARS MAY REQUIRE A RESISTOR TO BE INSTALLED WHICH WILL THEN ALLOW THE BULBS TO SIMULATE THE SAME RESISTANCE AS YOUR STANDARD FILAMENT BULBS. A SMALL ADDITIONAL PRICE TO PAY TO ACHIEVE THE LOOK THAT THESE BULBS WILL PRODUCE!

here you can see ones for the Zed with the resistor built in.

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-le ... rch=c14858

i had to get these for my c2 vts as it brought a warning up on the dash. Had leds without resistors on the zed for around 6 months with no issues.

I would be careful with those led bulbs, its unclear from the picture or listing that they have a resistor built into them which. I have seen on some ebay adds the following where the LEDs dont have a built in resistor

DUE TO THE REDUCED RESISTANCE IN LED BULBS CERTAIN CARS MAY REQUIRE A RESISTOR TO BE INSTALLED WHICH WILL THEN ALLOW THE BULBS TO SIMULATE THE SAME RESISTANCE AS YOUR STANDARD FILAMENT BULBS. A SMALL ADDITIONAL PRICE TO PAY TO ACHIEVE THE LOOK THAT THESE BULBS WILL PRODUCE!

Got my LED sidelights from the same seller that does the LED rear fog light. No issues at all

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-501-W5W- ... 2eb8a96647

Nice and cheap too, so I bought two pairs

I have these on my zed to, look awesome and are doing well. I have had them in my landcruier for the past 5 years as well so they last long as well. Well recommended! :thumbs:

+1 in fancier cars they need to show a drain on voltage or amps. If it doesn't it shows up that the bulb isn't working even though the led is but it draws much less.

i had to get these for my c2 vts as it brought a warning up on the dash. Had leds without resistors on the zed for around 6 months with no issues.

+1 in fancier cars they need to show a drain on voltage or amps. If it doesn't it shows up that the bulb isn't working even though the led is but it draws much less.

i would be more concerned if the sidelights without the resistors have an adverse effect on the bcm or ecu.