Zed Shed

ioneabee

well - after last years incident with the TT and my newly arrived baby still on the road - time to sort it out

these were yesterday

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

and by the end of today I had this

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

can you tell what it is yet ?? :blush:

Wow.... you have a Tardis :cloud9:

:lol:

yup - built it a few years ago for my son (mainly) (honest) ;) and then we entered it into the Narberth Winter Carnival (all lit up - and the appropriate music playing) :yahoo:

ref - the size of the timbers - it gets very windy up here, so wanted the weight to keep it on the floor !! :scare:

Wish I had a Zed Shed! I think Twickenham is the loft conversation capital of the UK. Doesn't seem to be week goes by that I don't look out the window and see the car flanked by skips, battered white vans or a lorry delivering a precariously balanced pile of scaffolding poles! :wacko:

:lol::lol:

TARDIS FTW :#1:

Is it 4no 8x8" square tanalised timber posts with an 8x2" tanalised joist on top ?

6"x6"

2x 9"x3 Flitch beams (not yet in place) :scare: its 5.2m span and i gotta allow for snow load - roof pitch at 10 deg

bit more progress today

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - bit of an update and slight halt to the progress

thanks to Ebized, who pointed out planning restrictions :scare: - reminded me to check 1. whether i had planning (because it needed it) and 2. it looks too close to the road

So the result was - I checked my original planning 15 years ago when i built the house and had allowed for a car port here, the only problem was, I did have it shown in line with the building !! :surrender: Only option then was to cut a metre off :thumbdown:

so here's the results to date - still a bit more to do

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

I don't think i want it to blow away !!

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

If it's not already in the pipeline I would suggest 30 quids worth of plastic guttering. In heavy rain there will be a lot of splash back on the low side which will go everywhere including up the side of your car, and will, in time, accelerate the rotting at the bottom of the posts on that side. Otherwise B)

If it's not already in the pipeline I would suggest 30 quids worth of plastic guttering. In heavy rain there will be a lot of splash back on the low side which will go everywhere including up the side of your car, and will, in time, accelerate the rotting at the bottom of the posts on that side. Otherwise B)

feather board still to go down that side - but yep, point taken re bottom of fence and posts

feather board still to go down that side - but yep, point taken re bottom of fence and posts

Loving the cat! We have two and five rescue rabbits (no jokes about pie please!)