350z Track Edition???

flyboy

Is there actually any way of stopping people doing this? It seems unlikely that they should be able to get away with it legally. Thing is, if no one says anything they probably will get some poor sap coughing up 7K for an old 62k non-gt car with a nismo badge plastered on the back. Surely false advertisement or something?

DB

I love the way it says "Nismo tuned" twice in the description, just incase you weren't convinced :lol::lol:

Over 300bhp is a little optimistic too :wacko:

lol, someone please email and ask for a dyno plot. Someone should report this. Some poor guy in a dealer probs believed the seller when he told him the info to get better than market value :lol:

I do know Stoptech brakes do a kit for the "track model" and another set for everything else -

If you look at these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STOPTECH-FRON ... 45f20bebfe

Item Description

•Brand new in the box

•100% Authentic Stoptech product

•Made in USA

PART# 83.646.4700

DISCRIPTION: STOPTECH FRONT BIG BRAKE KIT 355mm x 32mm Nissan 350Z except Track Model

NOTE: 2003-2005

The guy I spoke to the other day about brakes said its an American variant and only the brakes are different. ????

I love the way it says "Nismo tuned" twice in the description, just incase you weren't convinced :lol::lol:

Over 300bhp is a little optimistic too :wacko:

lol, someone please email and ask for a dyno plot. Someone should report this. Some poor guy in a dealer probs believed the seller when he told him the info to get better than market value :lol:

I'd love to know in what way it's been "Nismo tuned"... other than the addition of the badge of course :lol:

American trim levels (ripped from 350z wiki)

Base : The entry level, stripped down version of the 350Z.

Enthusiast : Adds some key features that many will want.

Performance : A bridge between the Enthusiast and Touring

Touring : More luxury: leather, Bose, and Navigation.

Track : Designed for the track guru: light wheels and Brembos.

Grand Touring : A blend of luxuryand performance: Track meets Touring.

IIRC all the UK cars were track and touring (aka non-GT and GT). And to be fair to the seller, he probably has been sold a right story from the original owner ;) It might well be a track as it has Brembo and no GT features. Nismo tuning is probably assumed from the badges and 300+HP was probably sold to the seller by the old owner who was just BS'ing them. I think it should have Rays on it though, not sure where they've gone :headhurt:

American trim levels (ripped from 350z wiki)

Base : The entry level, stripped down version of the 350Z.

Enthusiast : Adds some key features that many will want.

Performance : A bridge between the Enthusiast and Touring

Touring : More luxury: leather, Bose, and Navigation.

Track : Designed for the track guru: light wheels and Brembos.

Grand Touring : A blend of luxuryand performance: Track meets Touring.

IIRC all the UK cars were track and touring (aka non-GT and GT). And to be fair to the seller, he probably has been sold a right story from the original owner ;) It might well be a track as it has Brembo and no GT features. Nismo tuning is probably assumed from the badges and 300+HP was probably sold to the seller by the old owner who was just BS'ing them. I think it should have Rays on it though, not sure where they've gone :headhurt:

Its an import though, so it could be any number of trim levels & options ;)

Its an import though, so it could be any number of trim levels & options ;)

Thats true, those crazy JDMs could have anything fitted. Still I think t it was more than likely the salesman that was fed the BS rather than the salesman making up the BS ;)

Thank god we only had 2 trim levels :lol:

Had a friend pop into our place needing urgent engine work on his 2004 16v Megane on Thursday gone. He told me it was some limited edition and one of 7 in the UK with 187bhp. Turned out it was a regular 136bhp car and one of... millions (well a lot anyway :surrender: He told me the salesman was 'very good' :surrender::thumbdown:

Decent 2nd hand car salesmen or wormen are out there but a few bad applease that will say anything to sell anything :thumbs:

Well looks like its got a k&n air filter on it and a nismo badge, so maybe its got a few other things under the hood. But without a dyno graph or proof of what its got then id take the adverts claims with a pinch of salt.

Car salesmen are nearly always full of BS and its great when you can catch them out. I remember years back seeing an old mini on a forecourt, something like a 1980 one if i remember rightly, and the salesman started telling me how it was a mini cooper. I soon put him right, they didnt make a mini cooper in 1980 and the engine number did not match the cooper engine numbers (being a mini geek I could reel them off the top of my head at the time). Not to mention 10inch wheels without any discs up front kinda gave it away. Makes you wonder why they even bother trying.

Well looks like its got a k&n air filter on it and a nismo badge, so maybe its got a few other things under the hood. But without a dyno graph or proof of what its got then id take the adverts claims with a pinch of salt.

Car salesmen are nearly always full of BS and its great when you can catch them out. I remember years back seeing an old mini on a forecourt, something like a 1980 one if i remember rightly, and the salesman started telling me how it was a mini cooper. I soon put him right, they didnt make a mini cooper in 1980 and the engine number did not match the cooper engine numbers (being a mini geek I could reel them off the top of my head at the time). Not to mention 10inch wheels without any discs up front kinda gave it away. Makes you wonder why they even bother trying.

They try because sometimes it does work - always a good reason to never go alone to a car dealers so you have less chance of getting sucked in.

I realise this is a bit of a resurrection, but I actually got a reply to the email I sent the seller about the eBay listing. The guys seem fairly certain they know what's going on with the car. This is a direct quote, nothing omitted except the intro:

'It's not a UK car. It is a 2002 car imported in 2005.

There is a Nismo handbook supplement bound into the main document pack. It states it is an Export 'Track' Edition. It does not have a bodykit and has a gas flowed exhaust and tuned system with induction alterations... Lightened Aluminium bonnet and tailgate... It states 300BHP in this Form.

It certainly does have Brembo Brakes (calipers powder coated gold and embossed with the word Brembo'

I wouldn't bother posting this but the seller asked if i could clarify if this information sounded genuine, but while it still sounds dodgy to me (300BHP from an exhast and induction kit?) I don't actually know whether any of that could be true. So, any ideas people?

DB

There is a Nismo handbook supplement bound into the main document pack. It states it is an Export 'Track' Edition. It does not have a bodykit and has a gas flowed exhaust and tuned system with induction alterations... Lightened Aluminium bonnet and tailgate... It states 300BHP in this Form.

It certainly does have Brembo Brakes (calipers powder coated gold and embossed with the word Brembo'

I wouldn't bother posting this but the seller asked if i could clarify if this information sounded genuine, but while it still sounds dodgy to me (300BHP from an exhast and induction kit?) I don't actually know whether any of that could be true. So, any ideas people?

DB

Sounds even more interesting. So the handbook is saying that the only performance improving mods are some sort of air intake and a different exhaust. Theres no way just those would add 30bhp to it unless its been remapped, and you`d have thought any mods like a remap would also have been listed in the nismo "supplement".

Alloy bonnet / boot? What are they normally made out of the zeds? Steel?

Sounds interesting tho!