Does anyone want to race a 350Z?

Motorsport

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan - find me somewhere where you can simply go sit your ARDS for £250 with no prep time :thumbs:

Take your pick of dates from here ;)

Prep time is down to the individual, some will need none and some will never get there, so it's impossible to quantify. You will also need the Go Racing pack from the MSA though of course, which is another £59.

:doh: Of course it costs £250 to sit it :lol: my question was 'with no prep' - even someone who tracks their zed regularly would need prep time

Although its early days for this i think a rough idea of numbers would help. I am pretty sure we have one serious contender at the moment. So how many more. :)

I'd be prepared to stump up some cash to co-own a car, but couldn't justify buying a second zed all for me just to race. So, count me interested.

DB

my question was 'with no prep' - even someone who tracks their zed regularly would need prep time

Why? Read the BB, learn the flags, drive test at 8/10ths and don't spin, job's a carrot. If you track your car regularly then what other prep is there? I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I just don't think I understand what you mean by prep.

Pug 106 rallye with a 1.6 gti engine in it....that's do me for a track car....proper cheap to buy and maintain....granted it's far from a zed but what a giggle.

That's the sort of one of race series i could afford do and keep my Zed and daily oil burner.

We (Falcon Performance) have a 350z Shelled waiting for a cage to go in :thumbs: We are planning on entering it into the Northern Sports and Saloon Championship ran by DDMC with a different engine. The plan was to sell a seat in the car to some of our customers after proving it to be competative.

I would be interested in a 1 make series as long as Croft was one of the races in the Championship :thumbs: I watched the MX5's (only because a friend was running) last month and they were having great fun but just didn't have the sound or the power really! A 350z is a heavy lump of a car but for a 1 make series it would be perfect :thumbs:

Min weight per vehicle and stock ecu's are the way forward and as Mark said DE engines. Oh and stock Diffs and Gearboxes too!

Parts are cheap now guys for the 350z especially on the 2nd hand market with good engines costing £1,500 and suspension parts being kept on the shelf for less than half Nissan's dealer prices :thumbs:

ARDS at Croft circuit are very reasonable as we have put a few of our customers through them :thumbs:

Thanks for all the continued feedback. Having spoken to Jonathan Palmer, our CEO, we'd now like to take this to the next level and chair a meeting in the next few weeks with interested parties, either at Brands Hatch or Bedford Autodrome.

Could I ask that tuners, prep companies and interested drivers email me with their contact details (name, email address and phone number) and I'll compile a list. My email address is ian.berry@motorsportvision.co.uk

Thanks, Ian

• 6 months later...

We are preparing our 350Z to race next season probably in the Track day trophy series but it would be good to have a 350z series to progress into.

Will be posting the story of the build if I get any time between working on the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are preparing our 350Z to race next season probably in the Track day trophy series but it would be good to have a 350z series to progress into.

Will be posting the story of the build if I get any time between working on the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent - hope it goes well :thumbs:

Do we have any news on the OP's proposals from last year - did any joint ownership meetings take place to explore how to take this any further?

• 4 months later...

im talking to msv about where this is going, the 350z only series was canned due to costs and interest wasnt high enough. However, if people are interested there are definitely some good routes into motorsport from the trackday hero -> trackday trophy.

if anyone is serious and wants any help i would be happy to try and direct people to the right places :)