PLAYBOY 350Z ad!

ace

Hi,

A while back in May Martin asked about anybody on here with a Silver 350 Roadster for some TV work I contacted Martin who put me in touch with a guy looking for a specific 350z who owns a company supplying cars to the TV and film industrie. The company contacted me and by coincidence they were about 1/2 mile from where I live so the director popped round to see my car, he took many pictures to send to the company concerned who specifically wanted a Nissan 350z Silver with tan trim. I had a good chat with the chap (Gary) asking who the company was that the car was for and it was PLAYBOY (wow I'm going to have girls all over the car) no it was for Playboy's new aftershave for men (blah) anyway they liked the car and wanted to use it.

A week later I went with the car to various locations in London for shoots one of them we met at the London eye at night for some still shots then they wanted me (yes me) to drive across London Bridge with a shot of the car and the London eye in tha back ground this shot took all night till the early hours and I must have drove over that Bridge 20 times for a mili second shot on the ad!

Next location was the rear of The Hackney Empire the road was closed for two days/nights for the set to be made the rear emergency entrance to the Empire was made to look like the entrance to a Playboy night club with extras queing to get into the club and a rain machine was used you will see why in the ad. If you look closely roadster owners will notice the macho guy presses the centre console button to open the roof while still driving this shot was done on a trailer as the car will not drive while the roof works.

The shooting took 3 days and nights and I was with the car the whole time as no way was I going to let them crawl all over my car and scratch it but I had to let them fix some camers to the bodywork which was heart wrenching as they were using scaffold poles and rigging kits with large suckers fixed to the doors and bonnet for certain shots but they were very careful about it. Anyway here's the ad and for the time it took it's a quick flash of my now famous Z'ed. :teeth:

Sorry Martin, I had to keep stum until the ad came out they did tell me it was only going to be shown in France as the guy and the lovely girl were French all the other extras were English. I can now see where the money is spent in the film industrie there was people for all sorts of jobs and everybosy seemed to have a 'runner' somebody that waits on you hand and foot. We were fed by a huge catering truck with loverly meals and on the last night as it was very late they asked me if I fancied some 'Nandos' the takeaway bill came to £750 the manager of Nandos was very pleased as it had been a quite evening :lol:

No frangrance I'm afraid in fact the only time I saw the bottle was when the guy sprayed it on himself in the last shot and that took about 10 takes and 2 hours :lol:

If you look closely roadster owners will notice the macho guy presses the centre console button to open the roof while still driving this shot was done on a trailer as the car will not drive while the roof works.

You let them do this? I'd be so worried about damaging the roof!

If you look closely roadster owners will notice the macho guy presses the centre console button to open the roof while still driving this shot was done on a trailer as the car will not drive while the roof works.

Id be more worried about letting some guy who looks like a gaylord sit in my car!

Still, nice bit of publicity for your car, really a shame they didnt show more of the car. Probably a good thing though as if my mates saw it, then id get loads of stick for having a "playboy perfume" car!!!

Looked like it was only doing 5 mph...

Sure that would be fine!

Sure that would be fine!

I'd still want a big fan blowing 5mph wind in the opposite direction. :lol:

Doesn't seem like too much time, and whoever called the star of the add a "gaylord". What's your problem? Feel a bit inferior or something??

Anyway, nice experience for you, well done :). The one thing I find odd is if they were obviously sooo specific about the car they wanted, for whatever reason. But, inthe finished add there's no way you'd ever know what car was used, unless a) you freeze framed AN ADVERT. or B) were on a 350z forum and the owner posted about it.

:wacko:

Sure that would be fine!

Isn't the centre console button for the heated seats??

Sure that would be fine!

Isn't the centre console button for the heated seats??

Tis indeed. The roof button on the 350z is near the drivers knee where the fuel cap release is. and ESP on / off.

The shot where you see the car slowly pulling up to the girl with the roof moving was done by a girl in the passanger seat laying over the guys lap out of shot to reach the open/close button under the dash we were all in fits including the male model as it looked like she was giving him some pleasure :lol::lol::lol:

The shot where you see the car slowly pulling up to the girl with the roof moving was done by a girl in the passanger seat laying over the guys lap out of shot to reach the open/close button under the dash we were all in fits including the male model as it looked like she was giving him some pleasure :lol::lol::lol:

I bet they had to do that a few times! The brake pedal has to be pushed quite hard before the roof mechanism will work ;)