iPhone 5- wow!!

LRF4N

I think its only iOS 5 software that will be released on the 12th... not the new handset. You should all be able to upgrade your existing phones :thumbs:

When the new handset is out.... I think I will be waiting for the hype to die down as no doubt the cost will be :scare:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt some people will queue up to pay off their existing contract just to buy a new iPhone basically paying double :headhurt:

No everyone that owns an iPhone is a brain dead cult following fool, but the ones that are tar the rest of us :doh:

I will be installing IOS5 see how it is and if I miss my jailbreak extras...

No doubt some people will queue up to pay off their existing contract just to buy a new iPhone basically paying double :headhurt:

Who cares? If they've got the money then fair play to them, why wouldn't you want to have the best available? It's like any other upgrade for anything be it phone, car or kitchen, as long as you're comfortable paying for it then why not?

That said, I let my 3GS contract run out specifically for what we now know to be the 4S, but I'm not getting a new contract just for a minor upgrade to the 4 I managed to acquire a couple of months ago.

Most people I know cant wait and will get one as soon as possible. Even if there are problems - like the iphone 4 with its dropping calls etc... you know apple wont release a fix quickly - so it could be a long wait if you are more cautious about a new release.

Shops will sell out quickly tho, so expect big wait or get in there quick!

I cant wait to see what they make on ebay bet there will be people making a killing!!!!

I'm with 02 and get discount on my bills etc but I'm going to have to look at the monthly costs seeing as everyone limits the data.

I also don't get 3G where I live only the mega slow one however Orange do have 3G. Just a shame that the networks aren't that keen to compete for business with iPhones

Just a shame that the networks aren't that keen to compete for business with iPhones

Thats because Apple screw them so much over sales margins they make bugger all profit off them ;)

Yep. And take a 1/3 or line rental too or something???

I'm on a £35 a month contract but get 20% off I believe. That was an 18 month contract. I can easily stomach that. I would not spend £40 a month on a phone.

I have a 4S reserved through the shop my mate runs (CPW) however I might calll O2 and see what they'll do.

I'm with 02 and get discount on my bills etc but I'm going to have to look at the monthly costs seeing as everyone limits the data.

I also don't get 3G where I live only the mega slow one however Orange do have 3G. Just a shame that the networks aren't that keen to compete for business with iPhones

Having been to Romania last week and experience super-fast 3G speeds 7.2Mbps it makes you wonder how a very developed country as UK can't do better at this. http://www.cosmote.ro/en/connectMobileH ... &cid=20368

Same for broadband networks, you get unlimited traffic at 100 Mb/s speed for 39 RON / months, equivalent to £8/month...

Having been to Romania last week and experience super-fast 3G speeds 7.2Mbps it makes you wonder how a very developed country as UK can't do better at this. http://www.cosmote.ro/en/connectMobileH ... &cid=20368

Same for broadband networks, you get unlimited traffic at 100 Mb/s speed for 39 RON / months, equivalent to £8/month...

Pffffff and when I call my clients in Bucharest and Ploiesti they cry that their internet is slow and make me do stuff. Not anymore!

Its all about congestion and out old infrastructures. These countries that are touting new high speed internet or phone speeds are because its much easier to roll out new tech somewhere that doesnt have an infrastructure already. You can put in spanking new kit and it will be super fast from the off. When you look in this country though, the congestion on that new kit would slow it down immediately.

BT need to give up on copper pair wire and get fibre everywhere and they know it. First with Fibre to the Cab (FTTC or BT Infinity) which will be widespread and they are also trialing Fibre to the Premesis (FTTP) which will be even quicker. Just think about how many phone lines they would need to replace to do that though :scare:

Mobile operators are largely limited by the frequencies they can use - again with the advent of 4G - this will open up opportunites - but with such a high user base, the cells will still be overwhelmed and not give the theoretical max speeds.

I dont understand these data speeds. Regardless of whether its an iphone or a galaxy s2 or any other phone, in the UK we have 3g done we... and isnt 3g 3g? So, regardless of phone if 2 3g phones are sitting side by side both with full signal then the speed would be the same?

With data, you`ll be ok until you start streaming video through 3g.

I actually downgraded my data plan to a 250mb one, as I only use about 80mb a month. I get all my emails on my phone, its perminantly connected to the internet. I use the satnav all the time, social networking, download apps & updates and pretty much am perminantely on it. I use it for browsing the internet all the time as its actually quicker than my netbook.

The reason I only use 80mb is that 90% of the time im actually somewhere where im on wireless - either at work, at home, at a friends house, at the airport etc...

I dont understand these data speeds. Regardless of whether its an iphone or a galaxy s2 or any other phone, in the UK we have 3g done we... and isnt 3g 3g? So, regardless of phone if 2 3g phones are sitting side by side both with full signal then the speed would be the same?

Short answer is no - 3G is not 3G - see this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G ;)

Also speeds depend on the connection being used (which kind of 3G) and the contention at the cell you are on. If there are lots of users using the system at the same time you wont get full speed - much the same as the internet at home being slow on an evening.

O2 widely get the highest mobile internet speed because to support the original iPhone it had to upgrade the network to support EDGE. This mean they added a whole load of new spare capacity to the network which they can divert iphone traffic over, as well as more tradition standards which evens out the contention at the cell.