Twin Turbo Zed, 2004 UK car, 27k miles-New price!

Lum

I havn't owned this very long and if i'm honest i probably shouldn't have bought it as i didn't really wanna spend this much on another car but once again irresponsibility took over :smash:

Anyway i'd like to have a crack at the BDC next year in my skyline so need to free up some cash to get the car specced up etc.

It's a 2004 350Z GT, UK car with only 27k miles from new & full service History most of which is with Nissan. I have just had it serviced last week using Motul 300V fully synthetic oil aswell as having all fluids change including brake & clutch.

Standard GT Spec includes;

Brembo Brakes

Heated Black Leather Interior

Xenon's

Bose premium sound system

Cruise control

The twin turbo kit is produced by Speed Force Racing in the US and is very well put together & quite comprehensive, using bigger turbo's than alot of other kits.... with supporting mods this kit will genuinely make 600-700 bhp.

I've done a bit of research and am yet to come across another Z in this country with this kit on!

Turbo Conversion consists of:

2 x Turbonetics T3/T4 60-1 Turbos

2 x stainless tubular low mount manifolds with merge collectors

2 x 38mm Tial external wastegates

2 x Stainless downpipes

Spearco front mount intercooler

Aluminium oil sump

Wesstech Scavenge pump

All intake & intercooler piping with integrated AFM & HKS ssqv

2 x Low mounted HKS air filters

440cc Injectors

Walbro 255 fuel pump

FTC Split second engine management system

All of this was originally fitted to the car by Hyeline performance in Wales.

In addition there is also a Blitz DSBC boost controller & a full speed force racing true dual exhaust system with twin HKS Carbon & Ti back boxes aswell as a RPS max clutch & lightweight flywheel.

On the highest boost setting the car runs 0.6 bar which speed force racing claim will make 439 bhp at the wheels!!

Day to day i run the car at 0.45 bar.

The install is hugely proffesional, very factory & you can barely notice any changes under the bonnet!

i've also fitted a set of daiyama (japspeed) coilovers less than 2 months ago & lowered it a fair bit over a set of varrstoen es 2.2 wheels in matt black.

9.5 x 19 front ET0

10.5 x 19 rear ET0

I had the car laser aligned by Lee at FCM motorsport in Bristol approx 3 weeks ago.

There is also a Veilside style front splitter & top secret style rear diffuser which houses the twin exhausts nicely.

Body work is immaculate and i've had the aerial removed from the rear wing, smothed over & re painted as it just looks out of place in my opinion!

there are only 2 small negative points;

the engine management light is on, i've had the codes pulled & its down to having the CATS removed the rear O2 sensors think there is a problem, this can be resolved by fitting a pair of £20 spacers to the sensors if it really bothers you.

also the airbag light has just started flashing, again i've had it plugged in & it is reading no faults.

this would make a fantst fast civilised daily for someone or would make a great drift car, mega torque & a low ratio 6 speed box means you will get alot of smoke!!

i believe this to be the only TT Z for sale in the country at the minute & too build one the turbo kit alone is around £6k in the US....

i'm looking for around £12.5k for mine, i would be willing to lower the price if someone say... wanted to provide there own wheels, or wanted it back on stock suspension?

i'd also possibly be open to a deal on a S15, PS13 or similar depending o

n spec etc but i'd need some cash my way so no straight swaps...... unless it's something really special:D

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0808-1.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

0c703b83.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

i can get some engine bay & interior shots tomorrow if required by anyone.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interestingly no pictures of under the bonnet, probably the main selling point

Seconded the above and I would highly recommend fixing your dash lights out. Fit those £20 spacers or whatever yourself and find the loose connection under one of the front seats (resonsible for 90% of the airbag light issues) and push it in more firmly and/or tape it. Those two things, however minor, will make your sale a lot harder and as they are very easy to rectify, I'd get that done.

Yes admittedly I have overlooked that small detail :bangin:

I did the advert late last night & realised I didn't have any under bonnet pics on my computer.

I shall update this evening with a few more pics.... although the SFR kit mounts the turbo's quite low so there's surprisingly little extra too see under the bonnet.

Also forgot to mention there is also an oil cooler fitted.

Mike SFR kit looks drab under the bonnet mate as the turbo's are by the gearbox! :)

maybe so but it is a large part of the advert and price.

Airbag light might be a broken wire on the loom in the back of the seat. Simple to repair if it is that once you've found where the break is

Thank you all for the advice re- the airbag light, i will most certainly be investigating this at the weekend & hopefully resolving that small issue! :thumbs:

Anyway here are a few more pics of the engine bay & interior, i'll be the first to admit that some of the pics may not be of the best quality but unfortunately i don't own a posh camera..... just my iphone.

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

Blitz boost controller mounted in central cubby

IMG_0955.jpg

Other than a few silicone pipes & the intake pipe with SSQV blow off valve it doesn't look much different from standard

IMG_0949.jpg

Front mount intercooler & oil cooler mounted behind standard grill in bumper

IMG_0953.jpg

if you are genuinely interested in the car i'd urge you to come & view it as the attention to detail in both the turbo kit itself & the installation is fantastic.

Every little pipe has been heat wrapped. shielded & tied or clipped away were necessary.

A good example is here...

The stock reflectors have been cut out of the front bumper & replaced with mesh, providing a great cold air feed to the twin filters on either side

IMG_0954.jpg

The filters are mounted low behind the front bumper, however the front end of the stock arch liner has a number of vents in it directly behind the filters..... therefor someone has taken the time & effort to fabricate a number of pre shaped pieces of aluminium to follow the contours of these vents and block them off to prevent water ingress.

I have owned a number of turbo charged performance cars in the last 10 years (RX7, R33 GTR, R34 GTR among others) and i like to think i look after everything well. Always let a car warm up & cool down properly & only use the best lubricants, fluids & cleaning products available.

The Z has been no different and i can honestly say it's easily the most refined & comfortable of all the cars i've had.

I would not be selling this if it was not for the expense involved in trying to enter next years British Drift Championship... which i have my heart set on! :drive1

If it was a different colour..... I actually would have bought it off you mate... but unfortunately sunset is not for me :thumbs:

Absolute bargain for someone tho :thumbs:

GLWTS

You could wrap it. :lol:

Jay prefers the full on tangoed to the natural glow of a sunset. :lol:

GLWTS mate - cracking price for a low milage TT

you sure it's a turbonetics kit? only thought they provided a single turbo. The only one I know of is the SFR Twin Turbo Kit for 03-06 Nissan 350Z VQ35DE using turbonetics turbos. looks pretty awesome and very pricey kit!

Not sure why the boost so low with external wastegates, should be able to push some more power out of them :teeth:

glws!

you sure it's a turbonetics kit? only thought they provided a single turbo. The only one I know of is the SFR Twin Turbo Kit for 03-06 Nissan 350Z VQ35DE using turbonetics turbos. looks pretty awesome and very pricey kit!

Not sure why the boost so low with external wastegates, should be able to push some more power out of them :teeth:

glws!

It is the SFR kit ;) It says in the advert that it is :p