Attending meets

Ebized

Having been one of the more active members on here for the nearly 6 years and attended numerous get-to-gethers with other members it is apparent that despite our ever increasing membership numbers, proportionally fewer members are getting along to meets and drive-outs.

That is a shame, especially when we see regular comments from newbies about getting along to a meet but we never get to see them.

It is the best way to see and gain inspiration to mod and look after the cars and get answers to questions that are not always so easy to obtain or understand by posting on the forum. Putting faces to names is also a great way of knowing and finding out who is likely to be the best member to ask when you want to do something to the car or might have a problem.

We don't bite and welcome all newcomers along to mets up and down the couutry who have a common interest and over the years has resulted in new friendships being made. Even if you do not own a ZED, if you are a member you are welcome and it may well help those aspiring to ZED ownership. The Wales weekend is about the only annual event where we have restrict entries to those using a ZED, as too many cars on the drive-outs can cause logistical issues.

So some feed-back please, as those of us who have some time to organize get-to-gethers want to see if we can do things differently to suit your requirements. :)

So what is putting you off, or stopping you?

If you prefer to comment privately, please pm me or any team member.

Thank you.

Meets are great, an opportunity to meet up with friends old and new :wave: , see and hear other members cars and generally have a nice relaxed time :yahoo:

I know I have missed a few recently...... wedding is in two weeks :yahoo: ......... any meets planned mid October onwards :shrug:

Hi chaps, I've only owned my Zed for just over a month now so unfortuantly missed the Wales meet. I was also away when the Jockland hoon was running.

I would really like to get along to some meets for reasons like you stated, i.e ideas about modding. For example i'm looking to get the Uprev remap done in the next couple of months but would like to get the exhaust and/or cats done first. But not knowing exactly what the car would sound like after is not ideal!! i've brought an exhaust for a previous car without hearing it first and was left dissapointed. Plus again as you mentioned its nice to meet people with similar interests and good tastes in cars ;)

One thing i have noticed in my short time here, and maybe that is the reason, there doesnt seem to be many meets happening down my way (around Hertfordshire). I know there was one planned down south of London soon but there was talk of meeting at about 7ish in the morning on a Saturday i beleive (i may stand corrected) but i don't finish till late some nights and the thought of getting up at 6 on my day off is a bit :scare: !!!

I know this isn't always the case and as i said i havn't been around that long.

I would defiently be up for some meets thou, and i look forward to attending some in the future.

Many thanks, Lionel.

Maybe the cost of fuel has something to do wit it colin? :blush:

That doesn't account for the lack of interest in static meets.....

How come? They still need to drive there :shrug:

For me, It would cost me £50 min to drive to the Old wise Owl from my house and back, plus lunch and a couple of drinks, I was spending £65 for an afternoon out.

Yes, its a good thing to have meets and meet friends new and old, but I am sure most guys running a zed have other commitments on weekends.

Any one fancy a Port Solent meet?????

Might be a MercZed kinda meet though... :lol:

The details/list for the October drive-out on (Sunday) 16 October is here:

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=53850.

The early start is so that some good driving roads can be enjoyed before getting too busy ;)

Fuel costs are obviously a factor but then we all know you pay a price for perfomance in terms of petrol consumption when you buy a ZED. That said, the team are aware that not all parts of the country are best served for a 'local' meet and maybe we can look at something on the basis of drives that can visit the more remote areas so meet-ups can be arranged en-route.

But if you know that where you are there is some good local interest (a thread on here?) that would welcome a 350z-uk 'visit' lets see what can be done.

Evening weekday drives/meets is a good suggestion and if there is good support for this, why not?

Have been to a couple now can fully recommend going along :thumbs: although recently finding all my weekends just full up and missing too many :thumbdown:

Has anyone tried weekday night time meets? Just a thought...

+1. Im not up in the morning :lol: .

I would like a meet fairly close to home which lasts 30min - 1hour. If possible once everywhile someone shows everyone how to do something e.g. I could maybe show some people to change the oil. they could show me and everyone else something else next time and so on. Just an idea.

Id like to come to a meet but I always end up being busy :thumbdown:

Da'oood all the recent KRC meets have been in the evening! :p:lol:

I for one have never organised a meet at silly o'clock :lol:

I think we can all appreciate that folks have jobs and much more important commitments - Ebized is just asking for feedback - to see if we can increase uptake.

Personally I think we just need to accept that some members are simply not interestefd in meets - each to their own - its not a witch hunt :thumbs:

I would like a meet fairly close to home which lasts 30min - 1hour. If possible once everywhile someone shows everyone how to do something e.g. I could maybe show some people to change the oil. they could show me and everyone else something else next time and so on. Just an idea.

What would really help us, and you are a case in point, is if members put their location with their avatar - even the County would do if you do not want to say the town. ;)

What would really help us, and you are a case in point, is if members put their location with their avatar - even the County would do if you do not want to say the town. ;)

Oh I know EXACTLY where ooor Dblock is :p

Da'oood all the recent KRC meets have been in the evening! :p:lol:

I for one have never organised a meet at silly o'clock :lol:

I think we can all appreciate that folks have jobs and much more important commitments - Ebized is just asking for feedback - to see if we can increase uptake.

Personally I think we just need to accept that some members are simply not interestefd in meets - each to their own - its not a witch hunt :thumbs:

Not a go at you Vik honestly. I was _ <- that close to booking it for dreadnought but then Im busy at work or have stuff to do at home or someone calls in sick. Its a bloody pain that I cant seem to do anything as something comes up. My weird schedule isnt for most people e.g. im up and about 1.30pm 6 days a week but on my day off I sometimes dont wake up till 6pm :lol:

Im in Dundee but the Fifers are close enough to me. On otherforums like cliosport, where the clio is obviouly much more common they have static meets alot of weeks and its 30-1hour at most.

Oh I know EXACTLY where ooor Dblock is :p

Oh you do do you :lol: BED!

: I for one have never organised a meet at silly o'clock :lol:

Silly oclock means empty roads. You lot are getting soft with old age :lol: ... anyways 7.30 for 8am isnt silly oclock vik, thats normal wake up time at the weekends. Might aswell enjoy the full day off work

I have to say being an events organiser for the last two years has been great fun but also so disappointing. It’s safe to say that people always expect a high standard of meets whether it be... shows.... drives.... track nights.... static etc. Vik and I have tried hard to please everyone but unfortunately we never will but hey that is life. When we first started off.. their was plenty of bodies turning up and enjoying the fun, but numbers have defo decreased, I don’t know if that is due to petrol price... timing...... god knows..... It is great when we get members who put their heart and soul into attending meets.... infact its a breath of fresh of air and welcomed. Vik and I have always encouraged members to organise their own meets and some have and organised some fantastic drives etc.

After going the Hoon it was again disappointing to see very little Scottish members attending, but an overwhelming number of English members...... which was great to see.

If any Scottish members do have ideas on how we can improve numbers for meets in 2012.. please please please either email Vik or myself.

Cheers Jay

Free sweeties and beer :lol: unfortunately my car was away early this year and with holidays etc I missed the end of the summer. Next year I will be at meets and will organise some more drive outs. All meets which have been organised have been great this year Jay. So don't feel as if you let anyone down. Usually show organisers that let us down :lol:

I would be amazed if any member couldnt find at least one show or meet which suits their needs.

Well you better prepare yourself to be amazed martin :lol: because there is always something.... :lol:;) But on a serious note, I know what you mean..... I am sure there are meets and times that suit everyone within a show season :)