Attending meets

Ebized

I traveled down to this years Zedfest from north of the border, and had a brilliant weekend. Didn't know anyone there, but felt like I'd known a few for years by the time I had left on the Sunday. I'm just gutted I didn't make it up for the Hoon. Next year..........and maybe have a few good mods on the car by then (tasteful ones ofcourse) :D

Although there are a lot of zeds in Aberdeen and surrounding area i've only physically met three others over the course of a year (four if you count who i bought the car from) It seems that getting everyone in the same place at the same time is quite difficult due to other commitments/work/car not being on the road.

Up here however we have our own mini meets (Team Beard meets if anyone's from Aberdeenshire is interested there's a Facebook page) Quite often these involve other owners clubs such as GTROC / SXOC etc etc. We tend to have semi regular car park static meets. Usually a post goes up randomly and those that can make it come. Can be anywhere from 5 to 30 cars turning up. I think the problem is getting just specifically Z's involved. At the end of the day we're all petrolheads deep down and widening the scope to include other marques will present a wider audience.

For example i went to Suprapod this year (1800 mile round trip), not that i am converting to a Supra, but more for the social aspect and meeting new friends which i successfully did. Which by the way has resulted in us being asked if the Zed community would like to attend next year to boost their numbers and make it a bigger event.

Hopefully through more regular meets owners who might not have come to something smaller will be more enamored to turn up and thus increase the zed community at such gatherings.

Team Beard Facebook Page

Dont assume meets have to be 350z/370z or even Zed specific. Down here there is a regular Reading Jap meet which I usually try to make - havent made any this summer due to new work commitments but last year went to quite a few.

If you have a joint meet in mind with other owners of other cars then stick it up. Better to have joint meets than none at all I say, and also makes it a bit more interesting to see other cars :thumbs:

Non-Zeds at a Zed meet will be banished to the end of the car park - like I was in the Alfa - but its still good fun and better to attend in something non-Zed than not at all. In all honesty you will get way more enjoyment spending money on petrol and attending meets than any mod to the car ;)