Time to Sell...demod or not?

bhavin85

Hi,

After 3 years of ownership I think it is time to sell up the Zed and move onto something new...

I have got a fair few aesthetic mods on the car and not sure if I should return it to OEM spec and sell on the extra's or just sell as is.

2006 (Facelift) 296 BHP

1 Previous Owner

FSH

Mods:

19" Nismo LMGT4's

HKS HyperMax Coilovers

Shine V2 Front bumper with Carbon Lip and Canards

C West Side Skirts

Nismo Exhaust

Tommy K Bages inside and out

Carbon Fiber Strut Cover

Smoked Rear LED Tails

Smoked Rear Fogs

S2k Stubby

Nismo Gear knob

Nismo Floor Matts

IMG00124-20100925-1425.jpg

IMG00121-20100925-1423.jpg

Suggestions on what she is worth with the Mods welcome...I figured it would take a weekend to fully demod the car which I can do myself but I want to make sure its worth my time... i.e. I can actually get more money for the parts separately then selling the car as is.

Opinions welcome :)

Depends on 2 things:

a) how quickly do you want the car to sell?

B) how desperate for the cash are you?

----------

If you want a quick sale, return it to stock. Mods are a personal thing, but if you wait long enough you may find the right person to buy your car.

If you are in no rush, and want to save yourself the hassle of changing everything, then you can leave as is. And in your add you can mention that if a mod is not to a potential buyers taste, you can change for OEM part (at reduction in sale cost).

de mod it - modifications are a very personal thing, even if a buyer is planning on modding a car, its likely they'll be removing your mods first, as its unlikely they'll be exactly as they want it.

plus theres a lot of very nice parts on there which could probably raise over a grand if sold to the right people.

No question about it. Return it to stock. At the moment good or bad, the tastes are not to everyones taste. People may assume some boy racer has been modifying it and driving it hard. The majority of people would rather buy a stock car and modify it themselves - even if it will cost them more.

Likewise dealers may not be so keen on taking something non standard in as they know it will be harder to shift.

Finally, in my experience you will get more money from selling the mods off seperately than you will get if you left them on the car.

I think with 350's u definatly stand to make more by removing the mods & selling seperatly.

Providing you still have most of the original parts it's no great hastle either.

If you decide to go down that route..... can I have first refusal on your front bumper please :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...

prime vulture here waiting for you to strip it lol and your lights!! i wuld say strip not that i want all your stuff or anything but i had the option of buying a modded zed and a standard one and went for the standard one after finding out about the forum i wish i hadnt (only cos im spending more now modding it from scratch) as i was also put off at the thought the previous owner may have hacked it around, if it doesnt sell on here then strip it back to OEM