Rugby World Cup 2011

Jay

Since Lexx has posted about the so called "beautiful game" I thought I would start a thread on the World Cup. So who do you want to win and who do you think will win? Surely there are some egg chaser fans like myself on this forum?

I want Scotland to win........ But I think Australia will do it..... which I am also happy about since I am half aussie :lol:

Rugby World Cup draw 2011

Pool A

New Zealand, France, Tonga, Canada, Japan

Pool B

Argentina, England, Scotland, Georgia, Romania

Pool C

Australia, Ireland, Italy, Russia, United States

Pool D

South Africa, Wales, Fiji, Manu Samoa, Namibia

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see how Italy get on, they are really moving forward at the moment.

You are having a giraffe mate. Big difference between improvement and actually competing.

I would love England to win but I don't think they will.

Semi final would be fair as they still have some way to go.

If Johnson keeps them together I think we would have a chance in 2015.

Have put my money on the All Blacks. Although they always go in as favourites and do seem to **** it up. I just can't see them losing on home turf.

Anyone going to the double header on Sat?

It will be interesting to see how Italy get on, they are really moving forward at the moment.

Is this the Italy that were beat by Scotland recently? ;):lol:

I'm all for Scotland winning! :teeth: Tall order but I love an underdog. :yahoo:

..and in true Scottish fashion I don't want England to win:

1. Because they are England.

2. Because they often play a boring kicking game.

3. Because they are England.

4. Because we will never hear the end of it.

5. Yup because I can't let go of history that didn't even remotely affect me.

6.Because they are England.

..FFFFFRRRRRREEEEEEDDDDOOOOOOOMMMMMMM! :lol::lol::lol:

My Picks:

Pool A:

New Zealand

France

Pool B:

England

Argentina (sorry Scotland)

Pool C:

Australia

Ireland (unless they have a horror show against Italy)

Pool D:

South Africa

Wales

Matches I don't want to miss:

Although Wales should beat Fiji it will be a brutal match. Both teams have monsters for a pack and both have lightening quick backs who are very good with the ball in their hand (Fiji is a brilliant 7's nation).

The New Zealand v France game should be good if the French start off well. Possibly the biggest upset of the World Cup could be made here.

Quarter-Finals:

New Zealand v Argentina = New Zealand

England v France = Close game, I'd edge England

Australia v Wales = Australia

South Africa v Ireland

Semi-Finals:

New Zealand v England = New Zealand

Australia v South Africa = Close game, Australia

Final:

New Zealand v Australia = Too hard to call, if I had to it would be Australia, they never have fear when playing away.

My Picks:

Pool A:

New Zealand

France

Pool B:

England

Pool C:

Australia

Pool D:

South Africa

Wales

Quarter-Finals:

South Africa v Ireland

Semi-Finals:

Final:

New Zealand v Australia = Too hard to call, if I had to it would be Australia, they never have fear when playing away.

Although Wales should beat Fiji it will be a brutal match. Both teams have monsters for a pack and both have lightening quick backs who are very good with the ball in their hand (Fiji is a brilliant 7's nation).

The New Zealand v France game should be good if the French start off well. Possibly the biggest upset of the World Cup could be made here.

My Picks:

Pool A:

New Zealand

France

Pool B:

England

Pool C:

Australia

Pool D:

South Africa

Wales

Quarter-Finals:

South Africa v Ireland

Semi-Finals:

Final:

Thanks for sorting all that out :thumbs: I need not get up early and watch any games now :lol:

what about the new Vauxhall advert on the commercial channels. Plenty of waving of the flag of St George 'We are not supporting a team we're supporting a nation' Bloody magic! About time someone said it out loud.

I wonder how long it will take the PC mob to get it removed?

Only just spotted this thread, so I guess I'd better post given it's here. [kiwi]

I reckon the All Blacks for the win on home turf. I fly out there on the 12th, got tickets for a few games, cant wait!

New Zealand - no contest.

Would be nice to think, given it's all happening on my home turf, but the proof is in the pudding. :thumbs: There should be some good matches, especially when you look at the size of some of these players.

One thing they didn't do so well is over here, we have the grand opening fireworks 8pm on Friday night on the waterfront, which should be good, but the first game is at 10pm, so those that are watching the first game, only a matter of 5kms up the road from the fireworks will have no hope. They're expecting 50k ++ people to pack into the viaduct, so if someone is watching the game, would be a massive risk of being stuck in traffic, whether they're driving, taxi'ing or bus'ing up to the game. Will be absolute chaos over here on Friday afternoon, probably all day. Heaps of tourists around already. :dance: I think a lot businesses are shutting early to avoid the chaos, well hopefully. Lol, yes will try and get some pics of the fireworks for you lot, :p:lol: even though it's the oval ball you're all interested in. :p:thumbs:

Here's a few links to the partying areas on the viaduct as most of these structures have been specifically built for this event, so I thought you might be interested.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news ... d=10743793

http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/venue/the- ... ckland-cbd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cloud,_Auckland

http://www.waterfrontauckland.co.nz/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wynyard_Quarter