People's reactions to the zed.

rabbitstew

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday a guy crossing the street accelerated toward the centre of the road specifically so he could shout "****" through my window as I drove past him. The roof was up at the time, so it's not even like I was being a git with the roof down in autumn conditions!!!

It was a nasty part of east london and I presume he did live there, so I imagine he was just a dole skank who does not like people who work for a living and have some nice stuff.

Yesterday a guy crossing the street accelerated toward the centre of the road specifically so he could shout "****" through my window as I drove past him. The roof was up at the time, so it's not even like I was being a git with the roof down in autumn conditions!!!

It was a nasty part of east london and I presume he did live there, so I imagine he was just a dole skank who does not like people who work for a living and have some nice stuff.

Just a usual bell*nd mate, just smile and sit back and enjoy the sound of 3.5 v6 as you pull away from kn*bs like that

• 2 weeks later...

Im only 20 , look about 17 and having only had the car 4 days iv already had 2 shops full of people stare at me getting out the car and proceed to stare at me and wispering as i walked round the shop

Had a group of people in a restraunt looking at it through the window then when they noticed me getting in it they all pointed and were talking amonst themselves

And on my way from the pictures i had the window down and heard a group of people ( we know of each other but not to talk to ) realised who i was and i heard one say "what the actual F*%k"

Loving it B)

There was a scary moment when me and a mate got out the car to go for a pizza , i was paranoid so went back to the car to wait for him and a couple of drunkards were extremly close to the car not realising id gone back to it when i heard one say did you see who got out that , to which his friend replied/slurred "Yeah they looked like 10 !" glad they wernt the jealous type ,thats my main worry at the moment :blush:

I got my car May 2010 when I just turned 21 and I wouldnt exactly say I look really young. I am now 22 and people still comment on it, saying my insurance and running cost must be massive, and asking what I do for a living.

Also get mostly compliments about it too, apart from a few of my mates who are VW and Audi fanatics.

John - do you ever pass through islington by any change? see a silver z every now and then

Every now and again!

pretty sure I see you - I may have even gave you the :thumbs: before! - is your Z silver or grey? and is it a 55 plate?

I am 27 (but told i look about 24 :thumbs: ) i get really good reactions to my Zed, i think its more from "car people" who probably have respect that a female has a 3.5! I smile everytime i walk up to my Z!!! although its the roadster i dont think its all that girly at all :D like a few have already said- i get asked what i do for a living, and sadly i know these people all think im loaded and the car was prob over 15k, sadly we all know the car was just around £7k... so basiclly the price of a new corsa / fiesta! i know which car is best ;)

People have really gotta stop looking at the car and start looking at the numberplate before making presumptions about the wealth of the owner lol Theres a whole load of very flash cars to be had from a few years ago for sensible money nowadays, especially with the price of petrol making big engined cars less desirable.

I'm very much looking forward to parking mine in the sea of eco-euroboxes that make up the majority of my company car park :D

Everywhere I go people take pictures.

Me and jay were in Glasgow city centre and parked up to talk to a mate in a nutrition shop and people were taking photos with the two cars and even single girls / women were taking photos of them.

Excellent feeling.

Just watched a group of 3 contractors lurch towards my car as i walked past , By the time i got to my office i could see from my window one of them hands against the window looking in , another taking a picture and a third admiring the few stickers on the back

Wish id thought to use the remote and flash the lights , then again they might have jumped in it !

apart from a few of my mates who are VW and Audi fanatics.

Let me guess, they are allways telling you it needs to be lower?

I used to have a 1.8t GTi which had all the engine and suspension mods you can get before going BT. It was a nice sleeper, very torquey. but anyway. I had my suspension and ARBs set up to have good roll stiffness and minimal pitch but also high enough so i could still drive it hard on the typically bumpy roads of the lake district (it would still catch from time to time though).

Everyone else who i knew on the dub scene Had decked dubs that handled / rode like a bag of @*!# and broke sumps on catseyes. yet they allways used to say my car wasn't low enough. :bang:

Sorry i know this is a good comments thread and not for ranting. :blackeye:

Anyway. its nice to know im not the youngest on here. i just turned 23, got the Z when i was 22 and everyone was :scare: especially the ones who don't know that it's not as expensive as it looks from the outside.

That said, one of my mates last car cost him as much as one of my frear tyres :surrender:

I have nothing but great reactions to mine. As previously said most people don't know what it is!!!!

Last week I even had a woman knock on my window whilst stopped at a level crossing asking if she could take a picture of it!!

I said yes of course!!! :lol:

Let me guess, they are allways telling you it needs to be lower?

I used to have a 1.8t GTi which had all the engine and suspension mods you can get before going BT. It was a nice sleeper, very torquey. but anyway. I had my suspension and ARBs set up to have good roll stiffness and minimal pitch but also high enough so i could still drive it hard on the typically bumpy roads of the lake district (it would still catch from time to time though).

Everyone else who i knew on the dub scene Had decked dubs that handled / rode like a bag of @*!# and broke sumps on catseyes. yet they allways used to say my car wasn't low enough. :bang:

Yep! Its either looks or performance with some cars. Golfs just do not handle well when low.

I had a GT TDI and fitted some coil overs to it. I could drop it so it was actually resting on the ground if i wanted. The problem with the golf is that it actually has very low ground clearance under the engine / lower wishbones anyway.

I ended up lowering mine by about -50mm I think, so the wheels looked like they fitted the arches properly, but without having them up and under the arches. Even then, the car would grind on speed ramps and any country lanes which had tramlines from tractors would cause the car problems. But from the outside the car really did not look much lower than standard.

I think its because VW put such a big gap between the wheel & arches on them. But, some people I know wanted the very low look and they would drop it even further. I just do not know how they actually managed to drive the car on the road.

Ive left the zeds suspension as it is. And as stock I seem to have about 1cm more clearance than my old golf. It still grinds on some speed ramps or slopes so I have to drive over them extremely carefully.

haven't noticed anyone :wave: but mines a 52 plate so might have been someone else!

mines GM I think though the VIN plate disagrees (says Blade silver)! haha will wait for Ace Cafe meet and compare colours!

John, we're you driving through islington at 4:20 today down new north road?